to level or not to level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to level or not to level?

I know the ground is supposed to be level, but he base I shoot at isn't level at all. If you look at this picture, I used the building to the right to level it. Because of that, the helo leans to my right which makes it look funny.

Should I use the helo to level or stick with the ground always? Because it's such a close up it really stands out to me.

Thanks
    Last edited by Top_Gun; 2009-03-03, 03:06.

Stick with the ground, usually when I'm screening I look at the ground because poles and the like have a tendency to be misleading.

Comment

But the ground is usually much harder to use to correct the level.?

Unless you have a straight line across the image, which is at this case non excisting.
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
        Stick with the ground, usually when I'm screening I look at the ground because poles and the like have a tendency to be misleading.
        That's not true. At Manchester (24L Threshold and Rotation) it looks like the runway is going down, so you have to check the poles etc.

I'd rotate it 0.73 CCW, makes it look abit more level IMO.

Comment

I looked at your pic and about 0,20° ccw rotation did give a result that made every vertical and horizontal structure look ok. I would recommend to mention the not level apron when uploading though.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'll give it ago.

Comment

And again it's me with an unlevel rejection.

After processing I thought the pic is level, screeners told me the other way. What do you think? What to use for leveling in this case?

Georg
              ________
              Web Shows
              Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 06:54.

Comment

Needs about .6 to.7 deg CCW
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                X