New Photo's 24/07/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Photo's 24/07/06

Ok, so i went to EMA today to try and get some better photo's. just wondering if anyone can help with them. Looks like the heat haze got the better though. i have the originals aswell. so if that helps i can post them. they are terrible though. These are my edits.

Here and Here

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Theres alot of compression on the first shot, make sure you save on the highest setting. The second is to small to tell at the moment.

Comment

Quality is way too poor on the first one. Sorry. Did you use digital zoom?
      Please post the larger version of the 2nd one.

Comment

ok heres the original and a resized one. i think the main prob was the heat.

Here and Here

Nope no digital zoom. im not sure what happened on that pic. possibly the heat?

Tom

Comment

Tom what programs are you using to edit your photos?

Comment

Photoshop 7, please tell me im taking pictures ok and its just the editing i got wrong. im not very good at it, just know the basics. Used jids workflow as a guidline. so i think im doing everything, but just not well. Also today i found a fantastic location at the airport so maybe i will start to get some better photo's now.

Comment

looks like u sharpend the crap out of both images and then the compression seems to be bad? . It doesnt seem to be heat haze because only the edges of the aircraft are jagged. The titles still look sumwhat allright. How many mp is your camera? Because that original u gave us was really small.

Comment

yeah probably. its 6.0mp. i think i did sharpen the first one quite alot on purpose. but i don't really know how to edit them anyway. anyway, its 6 mp and i had it on ISO 50 and the highest picture size which was about 2481 something or other.

Tom

Comment

can u send both originals to [email protected] I want to mess around with them while at work. haha.

Comment

sure thing, wont be a moment!

Comment

Heat haze is actually distorting the second image alot. the first one was kind of hard to salvage too.
                      Last edited by ualwillstand; 2006-07-25, 04:49.

Comment

both would be rejected for heat distortion. I just need to look at the tail of the first to click reject.

Comment

i cant help the fact that it was 34 degrees? And i don't know any other ways to get around it. Would you be able to suggest any?
                          Last edited by Rooftops; 2006-07-25, 08:24.

Comment

Set your in-camera sharpening to NORMAL.
                            My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Originally posted by Rooftops
                              i cant help the fact that it was 34 degrees? And i don't know any other ways to get around it. Would you be able to suggest any?
                              Apart from what Greg said, you also need the accpet the fact that not every day is suitable for aviation photography.

If is hot and sunny, try to get the planes while they are still higher in the air and out of the heat distorted area. But sometimes even that does not help.

Comment

Working...
                              X