• Show
Clear All

• Rooftops
    replied
    Ok i have sent it greg. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CPH Aviation
    replied
    For future editing take a look at this webpage. http://www.rockymountainavphotos.com.../Workflows.htm There you will find a lot of good tricks and tips

Soren

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    I agree, there seems to be more wrong. But could have been slight heathaze that was increased by bad in camera sharpening and resizing.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Wilson
    replied
    Tom
    Send the original of the Thomson.......[email protected].
    What was the actual colour of the sky that day?

Stefan.....I agree that there is some heat haze.There is evidence of heat haze above the runway but the fence in the background is not overly distorted. There seems to be other issues as well ....underexposed maybe...for ISO 50 there is plenty of noise in the area of sky.

Leave a comment:

• Rooftops
    replied
    ok cheers, i'll keep that in mind. il change the sharpening back to normal. so if i would have got the picture in normal weather, i say normal cause its not really normal that we should be having continous hot weather like this. Would it have a chance if it wasn't for the heat?

thanks for the advice

Tom

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooftops
    i cant help the fact that it was 34 degrees? And i don't know any other ways to get around it. Would you be able to suggest any?
    Apart from what Greg said, you also need the accpet the fact that not every day is suitable for aviation photography.

If is hot and sunny, try to get the planes while they are still higher in the air and out of the heat distorted area. But sometimes even that does not help.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Wilson
    replied
    Set your in-camera sharpening to NORMAL.

Leave a comment:

• Rooftops
    replied
    i cant help the fact that it was 34 degrees? And i don't know any other ways to get around it. Would you be able to suggest any?
    Last edited by Rooftops; 2006-07-25, 08:24.

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    both would be rejected for heat distortion. I just need to look at the tail of the first to click reject.

Leave a comment:

• ualwillstand
    replied

Heat haze is actually distorting the second image alot. the first one was kind of hard to salvage too.
    Last edited by ualwillstand; 2006-07-25, 04:49.

Leave a comment:

• Rooftops
    replied
    sure thing, wont be a moment!

Leave a comment:

• ualwillstand
    replied
    can u send both originals to [email protected] I want to mess around with them while at work. haha.

Leave a comment:

• Rooftops
    replied
    yeah probably. its 6.0mp. i think i did sharpen the first one quite alot on purpose. but i don't really know how to edit them anyway. anyway, its 6 mp and i had it on ISO 50 and the highest picture size which was about 2481 something or other.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• ualwillstand
    replied
    looks like u sharpend the crap out of both images and then the compression seems to be bad? . It doesnt seem to be heat haze because only the edges of the aircraft are jagged. The titles still look sumwhat allright. How many mp is your camera? Because that original u gave us was really small.

Leave a comment:

• Rooftops
    replied
    Photoshop 7, please tell me im taking pictures ok and its just the editing i got wrong. im not very good at it, just know the basics. Used jids workflow as a guidline. so i think im doing everything, but just not well. Also today i found a fantastic location at the airport so maybe i will start to get some better photo's now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X