Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice required on this !

Hi all,

I've been having a high % rejection figure lately, take a look at this shot:-

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Queued this shot tonight and wanted some feedback on it, chances of it getting on or where am i going wrong ? I have photoshop CS on my PC and use jid's workflow more or less.

Regards
    Martin.

It needs to be levelled and it also maybe looks soft around the engine (could just be my computer). It appears to me to be a bit too high in the frame also. That's it, as far as I can tell.

Nice picture by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

I agree, but in addition the photo looks oversharpened to me (jaggies on PIA titles and green band in particular).

Comment

The jaggies could also be a problem related to resizing the image, meaning that you should not resize down immediately to 1024, but rather do it step-wise.

Comment

To me it almost looks as if you're sharpening before you resize, at the same time you're not sharpening enough. Make sure you do all of your sharpening after resizing, and do it in steps so you can control jaggies on the cheatline. You've got a nice starting point.

Comment

The queued pic will most likely be rejected, at least for horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
              To me it almost looks as if you're sharpening before you resize, at the same time you're not sharpening enough. Make sure you do all of your sharpening after resizing, and do it in steps so you can control jaggies on the cheatline. You've got a nice starting point.
              Word.

Martin. You should follow Eric's Comment. as if you're sharpening the image before resizing, the Photoshop will have alot more space to work on due to the "large" image. Resize if first and then you can edit it (Sharpen by using USM) This is because not only the photo is much smaller, thus photoshop makes it easier to sharpen, and "wont" turn out that soft like your rejected one.
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Many thanks for the good advice chaps, i will rework the shot tonight and try sharpening after resizing the image to 1024. I have levelled this shot using the measure tool in PS2 using the edge of the runway as the guide, so not sure what else to use as the guide to improve this, any ideas ? The car park in the background isnt level and slopes from right to left ! Hard to get it spot on level.

Best regards
                Mac

Comment

I have checked and rechecked, You're good to go on using the Light poles at the parking lot. They should be okey to be used as your level preferences.

I'd say you need to turn it "1,03" CCW.

Btw Pls mind to send me a copy of the orig to my email @ [email protected]

Comment

Noted thanks, will rework the original soon using all these tips and post the image back here later.

Maxpower,I have just emailed you the original jpeg as requested.

Kindest regards.
                    Mac

Ok guys, this has been reworked with the suggestions that were made, do you think its any better ?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Kind regards
                    Mac

also just worked on this shot of this Belavia TU154, thoughts on this would be very much appreciated:-

Comment

Hey Mac.

Thanks for sending me that orig shot.

Here's my sample. in 1200pixel

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help with this shot, after some rework it was accepted onto the jp.net:-

Leaving BHX on runway 33.. AP-BEG. Airbus A310-308. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Keep on shooting guys !

Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Macca
                          Hi all,

Thanks for all the help with this shot, after some rework it was accepted onto the jp.net:-

[photoid=5784262]

Keep on shooting guys !

Mac
                          Here's my sample. in 1200pixel

Can any of you guys try to open both thumbnails, the one from Macca (1024pixel) And the thumbnail I posted above ^^

Somehow it looks blown on that photo in the database, and check also the creamy colours, its also gone in that one accepted into the database.

@ Macca , try to resubmit this photo and replace it with this 1200pixel photo. (If you want to, ofcourse.)

Comment

Working...
                          X