Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 (Windows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 (Windows)

Any opinions on the purchase of this - my "benchmark" is to have the same functionality as Jid uses for his workflow using CS1 - IE: will Elements 4 give me the same ability to edit pics as described in Jid's workflow document ?
    RobB

I got Elements 7 and as far as i know its has most of the functions that jids workflow uses, so im presuming yours might be similar, Rob?

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

Originally posted by stu2ii2
      I got Elements 7 and as far as i know its has most of the functions that jids workflow uses, so im presuming yours might be similar, Rob?
      Elements 7 or VERSION 7 ? I think you have version 7 as opposed to Elements 7-if so, yes version 7 has most of the functionality with the exception of Shadow/highlight fix which is the one function I would need along with the rest. Was looking at Elements 4 on Amazon and before I buy, wanted opinions.
      RobB

Comment

Hi I don't know what functionality Elements has but I will be re-working my workflow soon so it should work with most popular image manipulation packages. The only thing that will be specific to Photoshop is the healing tool, but other packages like PS Pro X have functions like scratch removal that do a similar thing.

The rest will be kept to basics - colours, curves and sharpening (NO SHADOW/HIGHLIGHT).

Out soon ... I hope

Comment

Your right Rob, it is Version 7 that i have, my mistake. And Jid, i look forward to the updated workflow and glad you say 'basics' as i struggle at times with my editing.

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

Jid,

Your comment about Shadow/Highlights did not go unnoticed by me following your warning about its use in your recent email to me. Having used CS2 for a few weeks now I see what you mean about being very conservative with its use. It's a very useful tool but it's also dead easy to totally screw a picture if you're not very careful with it.

I've managed to introduce excessive grain into pics using Shadow/Highlight to excess that resulted in a waste of my time, screeners time, and the need for a complete rework of the pic, often with no use of the Shadow/Highlight tool in the end.

Nice meeting you at LHR and many thanks for your help.

Brian.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
            X