Dust spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust spots

This one was rejected for sensor dust spots. I know I had a problem last weekend with this and thought I got them all. I guess the screeners found some I didn't. Maybe my monitor isn't as good as theirs or my aging eyes could be the problem. Can someone point out where I have missed? Be gentle if there are many....

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1094595

When you adjust the levels, hit equalise, which makes the dust spots rather obvious.

All spots should now be fairly obvious and you can get rid of them in the next edit.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Damn Simpleboy beat me too it lol.
      Well I circled the ones I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
        Well I circled the ones I saw.
        But wheres the fun in that?
        Sam Rudge
        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Theres also a smudge under the left main gear.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Wasn't aware of the equalize feature!

Comment

Quote:Theres also a smudge under the left main gear.:endQuote.
              I'd stab a guess that that's a result of using the "Heal" tool close to an area different to that which you are "healing". I've found that Heal works well in areas of sky where there no part of anything directly nearby. For sky dustspots immediately adjacent to a part of the aircraft or another object I tend to use the "Clone" tool for greater accuracy.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

You're absolutely right about the smudge. Should have used the clone tool.

While on the topic of dust spots, what's the general opinion on cleaning sensors? I've been using compressed CO2 but seem to be just blowing the dust around. I've tried doing it in a more humid location with no avail. Have never tried using a swab and have been a bit nervous to try it for the first time. My camera is a Nikon D70. I'd be curious hearing some opinions or suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul C
                  While on the topic of dust spots, what's the general opinion on cleaning sensors? I've been using compressed CO2 but seem to be just blowing the dust around. I've tried doing it in a more humid location with no avail. Have never tried using a swab and have been a bit nervous to try it for the first time. My camera is a Nikon D70. I'd be curious hearing some opinions or suggestions.
                  I have a D70S and use a pressurised air canister. I'll remove the lens, give that a blast on the rear element with that element wound back as far as it will go. Body wise, I give the lens hole a blast with the mirror down and then a second blast with the mirror locked up to clean the sensor.
                  The important bit is to ensure that the canister nozzle is horizontal to the lens and body. If the canister is anything other than level there's a danger of propellant causing marks on sprayed parts. When the canister feels like its getting towards empty I discard it even if it still has contents. This is to avoid any propellant contamination.

Others use a manual blower brush and / or cleaning fluid but I personally cannot bring myself to allow anything to touch the sensor. I might just go down to my local photographic shop and get them to show me the liquid cleaning process.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                  X