Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undersharpening

Hi,

nearly all of my latest rejections are because the pic is undersharpened.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1101534

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1101042

I had been using the Jid workflow as a basis to work from, along with the high pass technique of improving the sharpness. However I had started to notice jaggies in the pics, and went back to using USM only for sharpening. Since then I have suffered a number of rejections for undersharpened.

Any tips or hints would be appreciated.

Mark

Second one is probably too blurry to get something up to par. Can't say more about the first one, as I don't have Photoshop right here.

Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Mark
      I don't think sharpening is your problem.
      They appear to be a touch blury.With those shutter speeds there is always that danger of course.
      Just a bit of tightening up on your technique or stay off the piss a good 48 hours before a shoot
      My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
        Mark
        .... or stay off the piss a good 48 hours before a shoot
        Blimey I would not have any shots in the database !!!

Comment

This might sound daft but the first one looks heat-distorted to me. Maybe due to engine exhaust?

Comment

Greg,

yeah I find that panning shots are tricky, and that I sometimes struggle to get 4 or 5 keepers from a days shooting.

Charles,

I think you have a point, as all of the taxi and take off roll shots were suffering quite badly from ground heat haze.

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Quoting Jid Webb.....Blimey I would not have any shots in the database !!!....

Having met him at LHR and seeing him surrounded by empty Boddingtons cans, I can believe it.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
              X