What is similar photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy764
    Please show us these "tons of pics" of same aircraft, same airport, same photographer, and same angle uploaded fairly recently.
    One more example and OM-SEA staring again

OM-SEA. Boeing 737-5Y0. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

OM-SEA. Boeing 737-5Y0. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by brianw999
    Quoting Will F. Please show us these "tons of pics" of same aircraft, same airport, same photographer, and same angle uploaded fairly recently.
    I think to be fair, Suly was referring to similar pics by different photographers.

....and then he goes and blows holes in that argument by posting the similar cabin pics while I was typing the above line.

I recently had a whole aircraft pic of a Tiger Moth accepted and a cockpit area detail pic of the same aircraft rejected as similar. I don't disagree with the rejection as the detail pic was from the same angle as the whole aircraft pic. It could even have been seen as a crop of the whole aircraft pic ( it wasn't ), so similar was the picture angle.

If I upload pictures of the same aircraft I now make sure that they are from very different angles, at least a 90 degree difference. A prime example would be the two pics of a DH Dove that I have in the database, one from the front and one from the rear left angle.
    Brian! That bulgarian cabin is mine (Jozef Soltys my name) as you can see from photographer name under pics that started this discussion

Comment

Originally posted by kukkudrill
      That group of people includes me actually. But to be honest I still see little value in your second shot of the aircraft at the top of this page when both photos were taken from positions just a few paces apart. But maybe that's just me.
      I second that point KKDrill.. We've all been that and tried this. I suggest Suly to move on as well like we all did, when we experienced this too ? Yes its annoying and a pain in the neck but shouldnt you realize now that there's not much difference between your uploaded shot and those rejected ones.

Edit. Maybe you should try to upload shots with more than just a few degrees if you already got one accepted.
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
        You have to think about that the last two similar shots of the SkyEurope Airlines was taken at 2003. Much had changed today since those got accepted. But I get your point. Similar upload yes. I hope you and the crew finds a solution for this similar upload issue. Btw one thing puzzled me though. You mentioned that it must be a personal thing that the screener rejected your shot ? I think too that it got over the line. A screener just mentioned about "how about a headshot" instead and so on, yet it got rejected. Sometimes I dont get it either.
        Maybe screeners just want to keep similar rule and I will get rejection on every MIG I will upload. Or check this http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34758

Comment

Suly, two sets of your examples of OM-SEA were uploaded three years ago. Take a look at some of the other photos uploaded around that time. The general quality of uploads were much lower, and the screening standards much more lenient. Over time, with easier access to better photographic equipment, standards have obviously increased. Otherwise, we'd easily have a hundred similar shots of every aircraft.

As for the other pair of photos of OM-SEA taken in 2005, I would agree with you that they are indeed quite similar. Perhaps the screener missed it, or perhaps they were screened by different screeners...who knows. But regardless, that hardly qualifies as "tons of pics".

And if Brian is correct, and you indeed meant similar photos taken by different photographers, then your argument has no merit at all. Our similar policy clearly states that similar only applies to photos of the same aircraft taken by the same photographer.

And lastly, please understand that the similar rejection is a very subjective thing. Each screener might have a slightly different understanding of what is considered similar. We don't have a set degrees of difference two angles must have to not be considered similar.

Originally posted by suly
          Maybe screeners just want to keep similar rule and I will get rejection on every MIG I will upload. Or check this http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34758
          I don't know what this has to do with anything. And to me, it seems that AJ has handled your concerns quite adequately.
          Last edited by Crazy764; 2006-09-01, 17:02.
          Will F.
          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Thanks to everyone

Thank you everybody for your opinion and thks to screeners for the job they do. I will not give up with those MIGs I will take more pics (tons of them) and I will try again.
            Jozef

can you please clear my upload slots from rejected pics? please? ... no? OK
            realy no? OK I am only asking...thanks again

Comment

^^Its really nice to see your good spirit Jozef ! Keep on shooting Mate !

Comment

Thank you everybody for your opinion and thks to screeners for the job they do. I will not give up with those MIGs I will take more pics (tons of them) and I will try again.
                Jozef

can you please clear my upload slots from rejected pics? please? ... no? OK
                realy no? OK I am only asking...thanks again
                Nope, we can't. Your shots have been rejected. The slots will be free 14 days after the rejection. After all, we have to treat all photogs equally, and that is our guideline.

To those, who think, these are all "a personal thing that the screener rejected your shot": HELLLLOOO!!! Last time I checked, this was an Internet forum. I hardly know a few screeners personally, let alone the 1'000s of photogs, who upload here!!! And to be honest, judging by their attitude I can see here or elsewhere, there are some, which I'd like to meet in person, and there are others, which I am glad I have never to meet in person. But we have to screen the pics of all photogs, as if nothing happened, as if no photog was acusing us of treating them personally in an unfair way.

Gerardo
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                  Please show us these "tons of pics" of same aircraft, same airport, same photographer, and same angle uploaded fairly recently.
                  Can I have your opinion on folloving pics please?
                  Taking off runway 13. LZ-MDM. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Taking off runway 13. LZ-MDM. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Suly, for goodness sakes, drop the subject and get on with your life or you are likely to make yourself unpopular around here.

Yes, there are some recently uploaded pics from photographers which could be regarded as similar. Posting a link to them to point out this fact will achieve nothing other than the photographer concerned getting a hit rate increase.

It will not affect the fact that your pictures have been rejected.

You take good pictures. I have enjoyed looking at them. Get over this setback and carry on taking good pictures.
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Oh yes you right, I event cant teel you which one is in DB and which is rejected.
                      More or less it depends on screeners decision than on some rule. Want argument?
                      Same photographer, same camera, same lens, same aircraft, same place (even same stand no.4 on apron1), same angel and both pics accepted
                      LZ-LDC. McDonnell Douglas MD-82. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5783167
                      You might notice, that the interior (seats) have changed in the meantime. So the second pics is not similiar.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                        Suly, for goodness sakes, drop the subject and get on with your life or you are likely to make yourself unpopular around here.

Yes, there are some recently uploaded pics from photographers which could be regarded as similar. Posting a link to them to point out this fact will achieve nothing other than the photographer concerned getting a hit rate increase.

It will not affect the fact that your pictures have been rejected.

You take good pictures. I have enjoyed looking at them. Get over this setback and carry on taking good pictures.
                        Well said.. Move on Suly.

Comment

I can tell you that if your MIGs were on a departure roll, and you had two pictures, one of which is on the ground and the other one airborne, I would have accepted both, too.

But again, the similar rejection is up to the screener's discretion. I can't guarantee some other screener might not have rejected it.
                          Will F.
                          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Working...
                          X