Salvageable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvageable

I've had this pic rejected twice now. First time was for noise/grain which had been introduced by using the shadow/highlights tool. Now for undersharpened and overexposed. I can easily improve the sharpness, not so sure about the overexposure. I had a mess around just selecting all of the upper fuselage and the vertical fin and was able to reduce the washed out effect of the red colouring and reduce the brightness of the whites. Although it was better it left a large nasty line along the demarcation between the white and red on the fuselage. Any help appreciated.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1127021

Mark

Hi Mark,
    I'm afraid that your pic is way too overexposed to be salvageable. All details on the top of the fuselage got killed by it.
    Sorry
    Cheers
    Alex

Comment

What lens are you using? I saw the focal length was 400mm so that could have something to do with it.

Comment

Canon 400 F5.6L was used for that pic. Aircraft was at about 1500ft on about a 5 mile final. I've had a look through the sequence of shots I took of that aircraft - only 2 are in direct sunlight like this one, the rest all have clouds in the background and are not overexposed. I think I've exposed the pic for a cloudy background and then encountered the probelm when it hit the patch of clear sky with direct sunlight.

Comment

Hi Marl, it is hard to say if it cvan be saved without seeing the original.

Jid

Comment

Working...
          X