Reject advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reject advice please.

I had this picture rejected for Obstructing objects/foreground clutter. Now, I perfectly understand the motive reasoning behind the rejection as the pilot is covering part of the aircraft. The point is though, that I uploaded with the picture entitled "Preflight fuel checks" which is the point of the photo.

My question is...Does this kind of photo attract a 100% no nonsense rejection regardless of photographer intention or is it worth appealing with a note to the screener.

Please understand that I am not contesting the decision to reject, just seeking some guidance.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

IMO it's a good shot, just not the type of shot that is usually accepted here I think. I can't really tell that he's testing the fuel. To the viewer who doesn't know what he's doing it looks just like a guy climbing on the plane. I'm also wondering if the other plane's wing coming into the frame was a part of that rejection.

Comment

Quoting Jordan....I'm also wondering if the other plane's wing coming into the frame was a part of that rejection.

You know, I hadn't even thought of that ! Maybe a screener could comment.

.....or I could always clone out the offending wing.

For instance, do you think I'd get away with this ?...................

And before I start a shouting match, NO I would NEVER upload such a picture and I DO NOT APPROVE of such tactics. This is a FUN post, OK ?

Last edited by brianw999; 2006-09-08, 16:17.

Comment

Hi Brian,

I didn't screen your shot so I am not sure of the exact reason. I would say it was the guy standing on the aircraft. I do think that the wing from the other A/C is distracting but not obstructing. Perhaps one of my colleagues can be a bit more specific. Although not much help I felt I would reply rather than leaving you hanging in the balance.

Regards
        Mark

Comment

I have no problem with it .. I would appeal it.

Jid

Comment

Duly appealed. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks. Accepted on appeal.

Comment

Working...
              X