Your suggestions are the most WELCOME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your suggestions are the most WELCOME

Still under the amazement of their rejections I welcome your advice on the following pics and possibilities in re-working them, thanks in advance

Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Hi Alain,
    First I'd like to say How much I'm glad that you're sharing your great collection with JP.net. Many many of your pictures are unique and great to see.
    But... As you have noticed it's really hard to get good quality from those old scan. So what I'm always doing when I screen one of your picture is... If it's the first in the DB, rare stuff... I'll accept it right away. But when the quality is not there and we already have a good or better picture of the same AC in the database, we can't give any special treatment... I hope you understand 'cause, again, your additions to JP.net are most of the time great !!!

Merci encore pour ton travail.
    Alex
    Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2006-09-13, 14:47.

Comment

EDIT: Nevermind, beaten to it!

Comment

Hi Alain,

I dont have much experiance of scanning but I think the best way to get rid of the colour cast would be to use Curves.

Comment

If you get rid of the color cost (use the grey point setting in PS on a white or better grey area), things would look better

Comment

Nice shots!!!

I love to view photos of airlines/aircraft that you can't see anymore out at the airport. Bad-color or not I still think these are great photos.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Just out of curiosity, can you post an original scan somewhere? For example that Tower Air B747: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1133507

If you can, try to do a scan, which isn't overexposed, i.e. with a "good" histogram.

Gerardo
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Excuse for this question, but did the riddles on the fuselages (lower part of the aircraft) come from your scan ???

Anyway it's a pleasure to view your photos Alain.
                I hope you will get some of these reworked and accepted.

John
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Hi Alain,

Had a little play with the curves in this one.

Gregor

Comment

Is it my elderly..well...ageing, eyes or do these pics have a slightly "Ghostly" sheen to them. It's especially noticeable in the second pic of the Sterling European 727.

I know they're old aircraft, and I love to see pics of days and years past but its all a bit spooky !!

To be serious though. What has caused that ? Is it because they're scans ?
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

No, it's not only your ageing eyes, Brian. My young eyes see the same.

I see two problems with your pics, Alain. First is this "ghostly" sheen, the second those artifacts as can be seen on the transition between blue and white in this Ariana photo.

I'm sure, this does not only have to do with the scan itself.

Gerardo
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Young eyes ??? lol That made my day...

(sorry...)

Cheers

Comment

Alain,

as has been said, it is great seeing some "real" aircraft in the db from you. It brings back many memories for me
                          However looking at these rejects, i can understand why they were rejected. They are not anywhere near the quality you have been uploading till now. Maybe it is the originals which are the problem, if they are not good no scanner or photoshop will do anything good.
                          I have also tried many uploads of scans from slides and have had my fair share of them rejected ...
                          I am still learning and experimenting and am slowly getting more and more accepted.

Just keep at it and keep up the good work.

Rgds,
                          Martin

Comment

Hi Alain,

For me it certainly is the colour cast that detracts from the image. A quick two click exersise in PS will remove most of it and for me makes a great improvement.

Keep the old stuff coming .. Jid

Comment

Thank you all for your much appreciated replies.

^For me it certainly is the colour cast that detracts from the image. A quick two click exersise in PS will remove most of it and for me makes a great improvement.

Haha .... I will watch more closely on this one

Alain
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X