Image size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image size?

Are there any constraints on the image size that one can use, other than receiving permission for a larger upload size to 1600 pixels?

I upload at a 3:2 ratio (1024x682 or 1280x853 pixels) and I would like to use a smaller height when cropping an image. After all what's the point of including a load of sky without any aircraft ones picture?

I've noticed that the photographers at the local camera club are not constrained by the sensor size or the 3:2 ratio when cropping their photos and quite frankly they get results. However, this is not the local camera club, hence my asking.
    Wallace

There are no constraints at JP to the image size ratio. Of course if the ratio you use is detrimental to the image it may be subject to a 'cropping' rejection.

Hope this helps .. Jid

Comment

IMO if you crop too much you "suffocate" the plane. Leaving not enough space around it. 1024x682 is a pretty good size I think.

Comment

That is good news, I am glad thet Jetphotos has an enlightened attitude towards cropping.

I am in favour of space around a picture rather than being unable to slide a 50 thou feeler between the aircraft and the frame..... and sometimes the background is just as interesting as the subject, which is a no no for club photography.

Thanks.
        Wallace

Comment

Indeed this is a difference between most aviation websites and 'photo clubs'. The first thing a friend of mine who is a 'club member' said when I showed him my shots was " they have nowhere to fly!"

But you do have to remember that this is an aviation website and a good backdrop maybe nice but the main motive should always be the aircraft

Cheers .. Jid

Comment

Working...
          X