A Herculean task

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Herculean task

This is a photo I've had rejected - I don't know how many times, but never due to any problem with the photo (at least not one I've been told of yet!), but rather to do with information.

Here it is anyway:

It's been rejected on several occasions, usually for a combination of the same reasons, but on each occasion, when I try to address the previous rejection, more similar reasons are given. Frustratingly, when I looked at the photos of other RAF C130J Hercules, none has the information which is being asked of me!!!

- None is referred to as a C.5 - which apparently is what the RAF calls its C130Js.
    - None has a serial number (again, something for which my photo was rejected and the link given on the upload page for C/Ns doesn't include the Hercules)
    - Most show only the three digit number on the fuselage (881 in this case), while a few show the "ZH" prefix.

Could one of the screeners please tell me, definitively, what information should be required to get this photo accepted and assure me that once I do, it will actually be accepted, with no more "additional points"?

The correct rego of this aircraft is ZH881, and thats what should be in the rego section. The CN for this aircraft is 5479.

The C.5 designation is correct.

Also remember to check 'cargo' in the categories section of the upload page.

Referenced from Scramble

http://www.scramble.nl

Hope this helps

Steve Brown
    Last edited by Billsville; 2006-10-31, 06:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Billsville
      Referenced from Scramble

http://www.scramble.nl
      BTW, in my opinion, the Number 1 source for any military aircraft info. Absolutely superb site.

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
        BTW, in my opinion, the Number 1 source for any military aircraft info. Absolutely superb site.

Gerardo
        Yup...Agree, the best mil. database ever. I got that link from Soren Madsen.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

To be absolutely specific, upload as follows.....

United Kingdom - Royal Air Force (RAF)
          Reg........................ZH881
          Builder type.............Lockheed
          Specific type...........Lockheed C-130 Hercules
          Specific model..........Lockheed Hercules C.5
          c/n.........................5479
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks very much everyone for your help.

Sorry if I came across a little cranky!

Comment

Totally off topic but what was that herc doing in JER?

Comment

The C5 designation applies to the short fuselage variant of the C-130J in RAF service.

Comment

Sam, we get Herks in the odd time when the RAF and the local TAs are doing joint exercises. They only come in a few times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by akerosid
                    Sam, we get Herks in the odd time when the RAF and the local TAs are doing joint exercises. They only come in a few times a year.
                    Swap you some of your Alberts for a couple of Hawks anytime!

Andy

Comment

Working...
                    X