Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected shot from a scanned slide ?

Goodday,

I have just restarted scanning some of my slides shots, i edited them in PS2 more or less using the same process as my digital shots.

My query is

Are there other things to consider when editing shots from slide film ?

This shot was rejected recently:-

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1206949

Any pointers would be greatly received ?

Brgds
    Macca.

IMO there seems to be a slight shadow/highlight around the aircraft.

Try to re-edit the photo by removing a small amount of cyan (Red) under "Colour balance"
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

When I work on slide scans, I spend more time on contrast and color corrections, than on DSLR-pics. Other difference is the sharpening, but I don't remember my settings anymore.

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Tried getting rid of the pink tint, tryed to get rid of the noise in the sky and sharpen the plane a little...

Comment

Hi Macca,

Tim's edit is a lot better. The problem I see is that there are 77 photos of this aircraft already in the DB most of them of higher quality. I assume the scanned shot is only 2-3 yrs old, I would say it is going to have to be of high quality to make it in. If it was in old colours and from several years ago it would have a better chance.

Comment

Martin, the first thing that I do when a scanned slide come out of the copier is set the colour using levels, individually adjusting the RGB, setting the black and white points for each colour.
            Wallace

Comment

Just a quick info reminder, the registration is not A40 (ay-four-zero). The correct format is A4O (ay-four-ohh).

Cheers.

Comment

All noted with thanks, think what i will do is dig out some 'older/rare slides' from my collection rather than this example that i came across in my office !

AJ thanks for that, wondered why i was having trouble with the 'autofill' function !

BRegards.
                Mac

Comment

Working...
                X