Any chance for these shots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance for these shots?

I just got back from Cancun and was wondering if any of these shots have a chance at being accepted to the database. If not, is there any chance at editing them to make them better? Thanks.

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

I'd say numbers 2 and 3 may have a good shot with some editing, but number 1 not so much, because a portion of the wing is absent.
    Just my ideas.
    Cheers!

Comment

Not an expert but I think number 1 is still okay if you cut closer to the tail fin. And what you also have to do is to level these pictures, the third one looks a bit backlit though...I don't know, I'm sure someone with more experience will comment on that very soon.

Comment

An Ex-Screener writes:

1) Possible clutter rejection.

2) Clutter again, also needs levelling-has some potential though.

3) Another possible clutter rejection

All three have potential to get into the database, I am using an LCD screen at the moment so I can't really comment on the image quality or softness but I do think that a lot will depend on how rare the aircraft are, and of course who screens it.

Apologies to the crew about that last comment but it is a known fact that with an ever growing compliment of screeners there will be increasing amounts of inconsistency.

Matt
        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Although on #1 the aircraft is not really that much covered by clutter, the ramp stuff is too distracting, as is the cut off wing tip and the unlevel horizon. I wouldn't go any further with that one.
          #2 and #3 look OK, motive-wise, but they look rather weird: on one hand soft, as if you photographed plastic models, on the other hand, they show some jaggies. I also agree with Matt about the photos beeing unlevel.

@Matt: no apologies needed. You know it as good as me, that the more screeners we have, the bigger the discrepancy in screening will be.

Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

So you think that if 2 & 3 were sharpened, they would be good enough? Cause I only have Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0, so I've already edited them as best I can.

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

Working...
            X