Bad Clour/Hue Rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Clour/Hue Rejection

I just had this rejected for the above. I am a tad confused. The aircraft was in bright winter sunlight with a backdrop of dark storm clouds. I cannot see any colour/hue problems. I even thought I'd managed to remove the "Nikon" green tinge! And, being a bright white aircraft, I thought if anything it would be blown out.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1218532

I would welcome any advice please.

Andy

Hi Andy, well the aircraft does have a pink tinge to it. If you look at your info panel in PS and run the cursor over the aircraft it returns a pink colour over most of the aircraft.

I have removed the hue in this adjusted shot and left a couple of 'untreated' strips so you can see the difference.

Good luck .. Jid

Comment

Sorry Jid, it may be me but I just cannot see it. And lets face it, if you can't see a supposed defect, you can't fix it.

Andy

Comment

Hmm, I see a light purple color cast, at least on my monitor here.

Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Me too, pinkish purple

Comment

Same here Andy. Try hitting it anyway with the colour cast correction tool. You might see the difference then.

Comment

Andy.

Use the white balance tool in curves and select the tip of the nose. This is the result with the modification on the right side. ( Not sure if this is the same thing that Jid is talking about. Jid, I don't mean to step on your toes !!)

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3...jpg2929io3.jpg

You may be better off starting from scratch although it has to be said that I have successfully uploaded reworked original uploads (does that make sense ?) in the past when it has been a colour cast or sharpness issue.
              Last edited by brianw999; 2006-11-28, 17:16.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Well, I tried to correct the caste, but not being able to see it doesn't help.

Heres two attempts. Any better?

The second one looks green to me.

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy, the first one still has a pink hue, the second is a lot better.

Comment

Editing out the green tint from every picture is annoying. Nikon should really fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                      Editing out the green tint from every picture is annoying. Nikon should really fix that.
                      Maybe it's just you

Comment

Working...
                      X