Blurry Panning shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurry Panning shot

I had this shot rejected for blurry tonight. Shot was taken at 1/100 of a second in really heavy rain and wind. A monopod was used to support the camera.
    I would like some feedback as to what specific areas of the aircraft are blurry, and how close I came to pulling the shot off.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1221451

Thanks for any feedback / advice.

Mark

Mark, It's the aircraft that is blurry, not by much though.

I'll give you full marks for using a monopod, I could never get used to using one for panning shots.
    Wallace

Comment

Thanks Wallace. Given the 20+ knot winds at the time I'm surprised how close I came to pulling the shot off. Hopefully a good tripod will be coming my way soon.

Comment

Perhaps it's more soft, than blurry, in other words: try a bit of sharpening and see what happens.

Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks for the tip Gerardo, I went back and ran the high pass filter over the image along with some USM and came up with this. I think it looks better than the original edit.

Comment

Difficult to say, it certainly looks sharper, but also noisier ...

Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I've noticed that running the high pass filter increases the amount of noise.

Comment

Applying USM will always increase noise. Try adding it via a layer mask and then hide that layer. Select your brush and just remove the areas you want to sharpen. Other things to try are selecting the edges bluring them slightly and apply sharpening to then edges only.

Hope this gives you some new ideas,

Jid

Comment

Have a look at this tutorial on selective sharpening, it will help you through what Jid is suggesting.

Wallace.
                  Wallace

Comment

Working...
                  X