• Advice needed!

What can I do with this one:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1238092

i got it rejected for too much or too little contrast

can anyone give an advice?

Thanks
    --------------------------

Needs more contrast. I added about 15% to the front section -

If you start over on the original make sure you don't blow the sky out.

Comment

so is this better to send in?

http://static.flickr.com/116/316711258_354824c692_o.jpg

Comment

The sky is way blown out. Shots like those are pretty tricky.

Comment

agree with Pilotgolfer.

Comment

thank you, it was accepted

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5878208

Comment

Is it possible for rejection reasons to be modified to say for example too much contrast or too little rather than giving both options (confusing). Often a resubmit after adding contrast is accepted which is ok but why not just say needs more contrast.

Can the bad quality reason be made more specific as again gives no idea as to the specific problem. Have had one of these which I appealled asking for a specific reason - reply I got was 'to be specific it is not good enough' which is of no help at all.

Comment

When we changed the rejection reasons, we decided to simply use "too much/little contrast", because it should be easy to see. As a little hinif you're not sure, simply check the histogram. Then you have 100% accurate.

Gerardo
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gerado,

I use the histogram in the first place for adjustment with the LH slider at the start of the peak on the left side. (eye dropper to set black & white points) To then find I need to add more is unfortunate as they then look too dark to my eyes. If rejection reason just said too little contrast I would know to add more - otherwise I am left to guess which way to go.

Most of the other rejection reasons are either increase or reduce some element - not both.

Comment

Can you please post a link to a rejected photo?

Gerardo

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                      Can you please post a link to a rejected photo?

Gerardo
                      With respect Gerardo, I think he did that in his opening of the thread ?

I must admit that I felt the same way about the too much/too little contrast rejection statement when I first started uploading. My eyes have improved a bit due to experience since then ( not much, they're still getting older by the day ! ) but I have to agree that if a screener rejects for the contrast reason then it would be appropriate to say which way to go on the grounds that the screener has visually identified the error. I'm not privy to how your screening software works but it must surely be possible to split the too much / too little part into separate statements ?
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                        With respect Gerardo, I think he did that in his opening of the thread ?
                        With respect, he (Paul) did not Daninho did. My reply was directed to Paulc.

Gerardo

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                          With respect, he (Paul) did not Daninho did. My reply was directed to Paulc.

Gerardo
                          Oooooops !!! That'll teach me to take closer notice of who's saying what. Apologies, my misunderstanding.
                          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

With the image displayed above receiving a contrast rejection surely it is quite obvious that it was for too little contrast, the colours are flat and the image has an overall grey cast to it. I have viewed this image on 3 separate monitors today and it looks the same on all of them. I doesn't really take a lot of working out if it is too much or too little. If you get a contrast rejection ask yourself the question, "Do the colours look flat" "is it a bit grey" "are the colours to vivid", or compare it to other shots in the db. There are several rejection reasons that were grouped together so as far as splitting "Contrast" there would be far to many. Take "Compos/Centre" for example, if "Contrast" was split to Too little or too much then some would say compos/centre should be split to Too High, Too low, Too tight. It's just not practical to change what we have. It just needs a little initiative.

Comment

Gerado,

have a look at this one (assuming the link works)

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1247411

I did appeal the rejection in the first place as I thought the contrast was ok (the black strip is black as are the tyres)

Comment

Working...
                              X