No announcement yet.

Advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id say your looking more at a quality issue than a contrast issue in that pic Paul.

Comment

First of all, my name is Gerardo, with two "r", one at the 3rd position, the other at the 5th. -> GeraRdo

Now, that this has been cleared , let's go to the photo. It lacks contrast and is underexposed, it looks somewhat greyish. Did you use auto-adjust in Photoshop? Apart from that, the photo is also noisy.

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Yeah the sky is all screwed up. (<---- Technical talk)

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
          Yeah the sky is all screwed up. (<---- Technical talk)
          Me not understand dis teknical language at all ....

Gerardo

Comment

Want me to talk a little slower so the older members around here can understand? Or it could be just a case or turning your hearing aid up Gerardo?

Comment

Gerardo (got it right this time)

contrast still looks fine on the 2 monitors I have looked at. The blacks are black so am lost as to how much more can be added without causing other issues. Sky does look dark but that is how it was on the day (storm approaching) Noise should be minimal as only 100asa used.

back to drawing board i guess (or monitor)

Comment

About that sky issue: Why not try to select the sky out before adjusting the contrast, using the magic wand tool. Just a thought.

Comment

The contrast is perhaps also bad due to the weather conditions itself and then your camera as well as any other auto-adjust thingy will be tricked by the glare on the cockpit window.
                  Originally posted by BA747-436
                  Want me to talk a little slower so the older members around here can understand? Or it could be just a case or turning your hearing aid up Gerardo?
                  Nah, perhaps washing your mouth with soap will help, young man

Gerardo

Comment

Working...
                  X