Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Worth Saving?

Hey JP! New poster/photographer here.

I've had this photo rejected twice for "Unsharpened" and "Bad Info". Is it worth saving? And if so, is it possible for that matter?

Thanks!

Yeah deffinatly, depending on how soft it is. Maybe you could post the rejected shot then maybe the original, that's if you want use to try and edit it

Comment

An L39 on a golf course, pretty sweet. Yea post the orginal image, btw Where was this taken?

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
        Yeah deffinatly, depending on how soft it is. Maybe you could post the rejected shot then maybe the original, that's if you want use to try and edit it
        Okay, here's the original, sorry about the quality, I'm running on an older camera that's very noisey.

Originally posted by YYZPICS
        An L39 on a golf course, pretty sweet. Yea post the orginal image, btw Where was this taken?
        It was taken at a private airstrip in Florida. A place called Ocean Reef.

Comment

Haha, that shot's pretty BA...I wanna go there!
          Bobby DeBarge
          www.debargephoto.com
          http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
          1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

OK, here's my quick rework.

I created a background layer.

Sharpened with USM at 50 0.2 0 x4 times.

Erased the jaggies that appeared around the Red Star on the tail.

Sharpened again USM at 50 0.2 0 x2 times.

Selected the sky area with the magic wand select tool and deleted to avoid graininess.

Flatten image and save. Hope this helps with the sharpening. Any screener comments ?

For location I would suggest using the "other location" facility on the upload form.....the part that says....

If the location is not an airport, you may use the Other Location option using this form
            NOTE: The use of the Other Location for an airport will cause the photo to be rejected. If the airport is not listed, please use the New Airport form.

Not too sure whether a private strip would count as an airport. I would say not if it doesn't have an ICAO code but you may have to request that the location be added to the database.

If not then I would guess that the location should be.....

USA Florida
            Private strip, Ocean Reef.

Again, any screener or crew comment / advice ?
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

No question that the photo you made Brian would get accepted! As for the info, I think "Other Location - Ocean Reef" (that is if the airstrip is not in our upload menus) would be the correct one to use.

Soren
              Regards
              Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Thanks again for all the input! Much friendlier here than other places!

I ended up using magic48's version, because I got it first. Brianw999, thanks for your edit too!

It's been submitted, and it's 340th in the queue

Comment

Thats a very cool photo, nice job.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Hey guys, thanks to all your help, my first JP photo made it.

[photoid=5876069]

Along with one other

[photoid=5876119]

Appreciate the help guys.

Comment

Heya Tim, well done, and they are very nice photos!

Comment

getting your first is always a great feeling Hopefully i will see many more

Comment

Congrats Tim

Comment

Good to see it in Tim, looking foward to more from that private strip.
                            Last edited by YYZPICS; 2006-12-12, 22:54. Reason: Typo...

Comment

I'm glad I could help you out here, Tim. And hopefully we'll see some more great shots from you soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X