X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable Crop?

Hello everybody,

I was digging through some of my 'old' photos recently and found this one:

I was wondering if this crop is acceptable. I like the look of the sky and the compositon, but I'm wondering if the screeners will too...

Too much dead space to the left and a little bit under the aircraft
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
      Too much dead space to the left and a little bit under the aircraft
      Sam
      What he said.

Comment

Reverse angle shot=tough to get accepted. And it is not centered correctly.

Matt
        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Not the best of motives, front view maybe, but as Matt said the Reverse Angle does it no favours, one for the personal collection I think.
          E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Thanks for the opinions, much appreciated...

I get the feeling from some of the replies that this shot would be hard to get accepted with a centered crop as well, is that correct?

Comment

I personally like the shot. I agree that a crop to center the aircraft would be good. There's alot of emotion in it, I'm not experienced enough to say if the angle is bad, but I like it.

I think I'm going to "Right-Click Save-As" this one.

Comment

I would crop it a lot tighter at the top and the bottom and leave it a bit wide at the edges to bring it up to 800x600 pixels.

It is a different angle / viewpoint, and it makes a change from side on shots.
                Wallace

Comment

Obviously you would need to work on the original but this crop, with a bit of processing work should do it. It's certainly a different view from the norm.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Brian's crop looks good. However, I am a little worried at the anti reverse angle sentiment shown in several threads. What's wrong with it? It is simply another view of the aeroplane and in many cases is a much better, more evocative shot. Why should a reverse angle shot be any different from any other?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by exmanx
                      I am a little worried at the anti reverse angle sentiment shown in several threads. What's wrong with it? It is simply another view of the aeroplane and in many cases is a much better, more evocative shot. Why should a reverse angle shot be any different from any other?

Andy
                      Quite agree with you Andy.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I'd go for it man.. It is a great shot. I really like these kind of shots.. I posted this one not to long ago, it was accepted.
                        N617SW. Boeing 737-3H4. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Originally posted by JSchraub
                          I'd go for it man.. It is a great shot. I really like these kind of shots.. I posted this one not to long ago, it was accepted.
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5837505
                          Hey! Aren't you from the APC Forums?

Comment

Yes sir

Comment

airplanes are evocative? lol, interesting sentiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X