'Hot photo'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Hot photo'

I'm still fairly new to aviation photography and JP. I recently uploaded a pic that was a new reg to the database (based on the fact that it didnt show up when I searched for it!)

When I uploaded it, I selected the 'hot photo' option, citing "new reg" as the reason. It was immediately rejected as 'invalid hot' - so I presume that just because it's a new reg, that it is not reason alone to tag it as a 'hot photo' ?

Should I upload it again normally? It just seems that if it's sat in the queue for two days then it may no longer be a 'new reg'

Not griping in any way, just seeking the correct way to go about things.

Thanks in advance for any explanations.
    Last edited by Bertha37; 2007-01-20, 18:41.
    Regards,

Mark.

A new reg isn't a hot photo. Something like a new airline or new airline with an aircraft is i.e PIA 777-300ER.

Comment

The question is... like in the upload page...
      Does this photo show a new aircraft type for a particular airline, a new paint scheme, or otherwise warrant being added to the Hot News scroller on the front page of JetPhotos.Net?
      you can find many answers here too

Best Regards
      Alex

Comment

A hot photo is for a new aircraft type to an airline, new airlines, and new colourscehemes.

Just upload it normally and it'll be screened shortly.

There is a bit on hot photos in the upload guidelines.

Comment

Thanks for the rapid response guys
          Regards,

Mark.

Comment

Still has to meet minimum processing standards though.
            My photos on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by Bertha37
              Should I upload it again normally? It just seems that if it's sat in the queue for two days then it may no longer be a 'new reg'
              Not at all. If someone else tried to upload their photo of it as 'hot' then it would be rejected for the same reason and they'd be told to re-upload in the normal queue. Therefore as long as your photo is in there first and it's acceptable then you'll be the first. Plus let's face it, two days (tops) is still pretty brand spanking new for an aircraft

Cheers,

Dale

Comment

Working...
              X