Digital manipulation rejections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital manipulation rejections

Ok, I thought I had finally learned how to shoot on RAW and process my pics using Photoshop CS2.

I used this workflow:
    Used Capture one Pro to process RAW and saved as TIF without any changes.
    In PSCS2 I cropped, adjusted brightness, sharpened and re-sized pictures to 1024x700+
    Changed from 16 bits to 8 bits and saved file as jpeg at setting of 8 for quality.
    I the re-named files and uploaded them to JP.

Now I have had 3 rejected for Digital Manipulation:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1342746
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1342748
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1342754

These are my first rejections for DM, can anyone tell me where I have gone wrong with these photos and are they salvageable?

From the same batch, I got these two rejected for categories wrong or missing:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1342786
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1342783

I have checked them over and have filled in all that was required

Out of this batch (all processed in the same way), I had 4 pictures accepted. see my banner below.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions
    Cheers
    Murt

The ones that were rejected for DM are squished sideways. Make sure you keep proportions when resizing pics or just crop them. I'm pretty sure the engines on a 777 don't look like those on an A320.
    Yes, they are salvagable, just make sure you keep proportions when resizing.

Comment

Cheers, I do recall unticking the proportion box when I re-sized them. I will give them another shot. Any ideas on the missing/wrong categories on the Jet2 pics?
      Last edited by turbotraker; 2007-03-06, 05:46.

Comment

What did you check when you uploaded the photos?

Comment

If you mean which boxes I ticked? None, as far as I recall.

Comment

Jet.2 Manchester is "special scheme"
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Well I never knew that!, I have uploaded them again with the boxes ticked,

thanks Gerardo

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                Jet.2 Manchester is "special scheme"
                Just a question. What if a photographer does not know that something is in special scheme and uploads it. Would that get rejected? I would think so personaly. Would it not make sense with something like that for the screeners too add it.
                Not everyones totaly up to date on special schemes etc and would not know if the aeroplane they have just snapped is in a special scheme. Im primarily a historic photographer but i have been known to take photos of commercials, i dont know the first thing about commercial aeroplanes and if it was in special scheme or what.

Comment

Cheers for advice, all 4 rejected pics have now been accepted. The two Jet2's, special schemes category. The two sing777's just needed re-sizing with proportions. Lesson learned!!!
                  .....and cheers for the email!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ollieholmes
                    Would it not make sense with something like that for the screeners too add it.
                    This has been discussed various times, both in "piblic" and within the crew. Just to give you a few background infos about what actually happens when we screen a photo with a missing category:

Scenario 1:
                    • Screener instant rejects for missing category

Result:
                    • Photo not in db
                    • Unhappy photog
                    • BUT: Photog knows about his mistake for future reference
                    • Photo again in queue
                    • Clearly the least time consuming process for screeners, despite the photo being twice in the queue (from own experience)
                    Scenario 2:
                    • Screener corrects the category
                    • Screener accepts photo

Result:
                    • Photo in db
                    • Photog doesn't know about his mistake
                    • Possibly: the next upload will be without category again
                    Scenario 3:
                    • Screener corrects the category
                    • Screener writes a comment to photog to please check the category XY next time
                    • Screener accepts photo

Result:
                    • Photo in db
                    • Happy photog
                    • Photog hopefully knows about his mistake
                    • Clearly the longest process
                    Many of us corrected the categories and also infos at times. I did a test a few days back on a screening session and instantly rejected every photo with missing categories. I was gobsmacked about the high number of missing categories!

My personal opinion: It can't be the up to the screeners to correct categories and infos even more if I know the work which is behind that.

Cheerio
                    Gerardo

Comment

Scenario 4:
                      • Screener does not correct the category
                      • Screener accepts photo

Result
                      • Photo in db
                      • Happy photog
                      • Angry corrections editor as amending categories and genres is a time consuming nightmare
                      • Corrections editor ranting and raving on crew forum threatening hell fire and brimstone if categories aren't correct
                      • Screeners crack down on categories!

Comment

I forgot this one:
                        • Screener corrects categories
                        • screener accepts photo
                        • rant over at crew forum, "why has this completely blurry unlevel bad quality photo been accepted?"

Comment

Ive had photos rejected for category now where i had all the categorys ticked that i thought needed it where ticked and there was no note from the screener to say what i needed to tick or de tick. Sometimes we may not know what needs ticking.

Comment

Ollie, it truely is not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ollieholmes
                              Ive had photos rejected for category now where i had all the categorys ticked that i thought needed it where ticked and there was no note from the screener to say what i needed to tick or de tick. Sometimes we may not know what needs ticking.
                              I know you mean well Ollie, but had the screener accepted my Jet2 pics and ticked correct category. I would never have realised it was a special scheme/category. Jet2 Manchester frequents Manchester alot. I am sure I will have many more shots in the queue featuring J2man. Now I am aware of categories, hopefully they will be accepted 1st time.

Cheers for advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X