No announcement yet.

Digital manipulation rejections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its really quite simple: click on the categories your photos fall under. If it is a small prop, click the small prop category. If it is a cargo plane, click the cargo category, unless of course it is a combi aircraft, in which case select nothing, unless of course it is a special scheme in which case it would be special scheme only. If said aircraft was flying only cargo but in a combi configuration, there would be no category checked. If it's night, check night. If it's a special scheme, click special scheme...unless of course that special scheme is only special in your opinion and not actually a special scheme, then don't click special scheme or your photo will be rejected...

...I'm so lost

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
      Its really quite simple: click on the categories your photos fall under. If it is a small prop, click the small prop category. If it is a cargo plane, click the cargo category, unless of course it is a combi aircraft, in which case select nothing, unless of course it is a special scheme in which case it would be special scheme only. If said aircraft was flying only cargo but in a combi configuration, there would be no category checked. If it's night, check night. If it's a special scheme, click special scheme...unless of course that special scheme is only special in your opinion and not actually a special scheme, then don't click special scheme or your photo will be rejected...

...I'm so lost
      'note to myself', Dont get pi$$ed and read comment as above!!! Leave them till your sober. I am lost.

Comment

...I'm so lost
        Haha. Don't hurt yourself there, Eric. Just enjoy your break.

Comment

Funnies thing: I'm sober. Must be this high mountain air

Comment

...I'm so lost
            Thats all very good for most categorys but something like special schemes is harder. Not everyone out there will realise if an aeroplane is in a special scheme or not.
            Again with night shots the ruling seems odd, ive got photos taken at Dusk where i have ticked the night shot category ticked and it was rejected for wrong category and then i tick it for other photos and it gets accepted. For example the P40 shot in my signiture, that was accepted but i had another photo taken about 5 mins before that rejected for wrong category.

Comment

I had to live through this scenario last month and I can imagine that there are many more scenarios.

Scenario X:

- Photog types in plane type, proud about finding hard to get right plane type
              - Screener thinks photog is right
              - Screener accepts photo
              - Photog happy, picture in DB
              - Original pilot finds picture in DB
              - Original pilot emails photog about mistake
              - Photog writes pilot for even more info
              - Photog writes to database editor
              - Database editor corrects info swiftly
              - Everybody happy

What I would like to say is that getting all the info right is not always simple and indeed something between photog, plane owner, screener and database editor. I can imagine that sometimes a screener just rejects a picture for an easy to find something and sometimes corrects it for another reason. Just try to do your best I guess.

Roel.

Comment

Just one last question. Is the special schemes box only for Commercial aeroplanes or can any aeroplane in a special scheme go there.

Comment

Hi Ollie any a/c can go in the special schemes section helicopters/ military/ commercial / small props etc.

Comment

Well samll props might be difficult, as long as the owner is given as private, as the special scheme means that the livery is different from the rest of the fleet. No if one person owns on 172 with a really wild paint job, then it still is no special scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                      Now if one person owns on 172 with a really wild paint job, then it still is no special scheme.
                      I would classify that as a special scheme as 99% of Cessna 172's are a bland and boring white anyway ! gimme colour !!

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                        Well samll props might be difficult, as long as the owner is given as private, as the special scheme means that the livery is different from the rest of the fleet. No if one person owns on 172 with a really wild paint job, then it still is no special scheme.
                        Prime example of a small prop special colour scheme. Guy Black/ HACs Supermarine Spitfire was temporarily repainted in a Blue and white scheme for its flight with their Hawker Hurricane to Malta last year. Ps, the Hurricane stayed in its Battle or Britain markings unfortunatly.

Comment

Working...
                        X