Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this be any good

Hi there

I have been playing around with PScs2, this is not my normal workflow, but I believe you got to try new things all the time and this is the result, is this good enough?

Thanks
    Frikkie

I'm not sure, the combination of the top of the fuselage being a tad overexposed and the slight oversharpening of the image make the area around the Singapore Airlines marking look a bit weird IMO...

Comment

Thank you I will have a look at it, so no good for upload

Cheers
      Frikkie

Comment

Originally posted by Lions
        so no good for upload
        It's a bit hard to tell whether the pic is salvageable without seeing the original. However, I'm sure these 2 minor flaws can be fixed...

Comment

Sorry but I think it is begging for an 'overprocessed' rejection-the sharpening has been overdone and is creating halos around the edges on the titles and reg.

Is this a re-work of a rejected shot? I recall screening some shots of yours taken from that spot recently.

Matt
          http://matthew-taylor.fotopic.net/ for my personal gallery.

Comment

Looking at the sky and the tower, I would say that there is also a minor green colour cast present.

Roel.

Comment

Yes Matt this is a reload of a rejected shot, my photos have a green cast to it, and I am trying to rectify the problem with the photos i have, through editing.

I will be shooting in raw mode from now on, which I believe will take care of the green cast

Thank you
              Frikkie

Comment

Yes Matt this is a reload of a rejected shot, my photos have a green cast to it, and I am trying to rectify the problem with the photos i have, through editing.

I will be shooting in raw mode from now on, which I believe will take care of the green cast

Thank you
                Frikkie

You wouldnt be shooting with a Nikon per chance.....?

Comment

Yes you right Nikon D70s, I had a canon D350, but lost it, is this a general problem with Nilkon cameras?

Cheers
                  Frikkie

Comment

Yes you right Nikon D70s, I had a canon D350, but lost it, is this a general problem with Nilkon cameras?
                    The only general problem with Nikon's is that they're crap

But in all seriousness, yes there is a generic issue with D70's and a green colour cast. I'm not sure if you can, but it might be worth contacting Nikon and seeing if you can send your camera back to the manufacturer to fix the problem...

on a side note, how does one 'loose' a 350D? I know they're bloddy small but.... lol

Comment

Frikkie,

Despite the Canon Fanboi bagging the cameras, they fail to mention that the 300's and 350's always shoot red......but they neglect to say that.....

The green cast the comes from the D70 can be corrected. The green only usually surfaces when shooting auto WB. Select manual WB for the conditions you are shooting under, or you can put a WB adjust on the auto setting to allow for it. I can't remember which way it goes (haven't had the D70 for a while) but it's perfectly fixable and correctable (just as the red cast in the cannons are).

Hope this helps......

Comment

Thank you Billsville

Yes that help alot, tell me shooting in raw, would this not be better (green cast) to edit the wb in ps or any other program

Frikkie

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                          The only general problem with Nikon's is that they're crap

But in all seriousness, yes there is a generic issue with D70's and a green colour cast. I'm not sure if you can, but it might be worth contacting Nikon and seeing if you can send your camera back to the manufacturer to fix the problem...

on a side note, how does one 'loose' a 350D? I know they're bloddy small but.... lol
                          Yes it is a long story BA747-436, perhaps when you want to do some spotting in Singapore, we can go together and I will tell you all about it(how I lost the 350D)

Comment

Working...
                          X