Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need editing of Beechcraft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need editing of Beechcraft

    I wanted to do this photo and edit it to be JP worthy because unfortunately the plane in the picture crashed on friday the 9th of March and both pilots died(RIP) Here is the story http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...068222947.html

    I wanted to do this just to have something to remember since this was a nice colorful livery that I saw that day. I was going through some photos of mine before friday and noticed this one. I need some pointers for this. I sharpened it and I want to know if it can get on and what should I do with it(brightness or other things?). I have the raw unedited image and can redo it if it needs to happen. Thanks a lot for everyone's help! More pics to be modified to come later on when I get time from my schedule!


  • #2
    The shown version is terribly overexposed, is the original any better? Otherwise there wont be much hope.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

    Comment


    • #3
      Overexposed yes but the main problem is that it's really oversharpened... Jaggies are everywhere.

      Comment


      • #4
        The huge amount of jaggies could be a result of improper resizing too...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Simpleboy
          The shown version is terribly overexposed, is the original any better? Otherwise there wont be much hope.
          It is about the same, Can I just darken it down?

          As for the other one about the resizing the picture was off center and the tail part has more space behind it and I resized it. I also had to make the file smaller to allow it to be shown here since it has to be under 500kb

          I can also sharpen it less sice it is not that sharp for the original

          Comment


          • #6
            What I meant before is that when you resize a pic the cheatlines on the fuselage will sometimes look really jagged, even if you haven't applied any sharpening yet. Try resizing "stepwise" in order to avoid this from happening.

            You said you still have the raw file. In that case, I'd start from scratch with that shot.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by magic48
              What I meant before is that when you resize a pic the cheatlines on the fuselage will sometimes look really jagged, even if you haven't applied any sharpening yet. Try resizing "stepwise" in order to avoid this from happening.

              You said you still have the raw file. In that case, I'd start from scratch with that shot.
              I see what you mean by the stripes on the plane and how they are jagged. I had this problem with sharpening and resizing for upload to JP. I usually do the sharpening after resizing the photo.

              Here is one I want to upload and screwed up the quality on the first upload and just waiting for the first one to be rejected before sending it again.
              How's about this one? I want to upload it later on.

              Comment


              • #8
                Heat haze / oversharp again...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CcrlR

                  Here is one I want to upload and screwed up the quality on the first upload and just waiting for the first one to be rejected before sending it again.
                  You know that you can erase pictures in the queue right ? that could save some screeners precious time

                  Cheers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As I just saw you're using Photoshop 3.0. Dunno if that could be the problem here...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
                      You know that you can erase pictures in the queue right ? that could save some screeners precious time

                      Cheers
                      yeah I am going to delete it tonight.

                      I am using Photoshop 5.0

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
                        Overexposed yes but the main problem is that it's really oversharpened... Jaggies are everywhere.
                        Oversharpening is far more likely to be induced by poor editing, which can be fixed, however the level of overexposure seen here cant be, so my point was, if it was that overexposed in the original, it wouldnt be worth trying to fix the oversharpening as there was still another major fault.
                        Sam Rudge
                        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CcrlR
                          yeah I am going to delete it tonight.

                          I am using Photoshop 5.0
                          Hey Carl,

                          First of all, props for being a WITCH fan. Second of all, have you tried doing a masking layer for your unsharp mask? It gives you much more control over what to sharpen and how much. You've got some haloing going on (look at the windows and the tail).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dvincent
                            Hey Carl,

                            First of all, props for being a WITCH fan. Second of all, have you tried doing a masking layer for your unsharp mask? It gives you much more control over what to sharpen and how much. You've got some haloing going on (look at the windows and the tail).

                            What I did with the photo was I had to resize, crop it, and then sharpen it. I will have the original image later on today to show you and for advice on how to fix it. I want to be able to upload it.

                            Thanks for noticing that I like W.I.T.C.H. I like that show, I wanted it to be my avatar.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Now here is the original I had to clone out a spot for a dirt spot on my sensor(I will clean it off or get the camera cleaned by someone) but that is all I did to this photo. If there is cropping that is needded just let me know how much to crop or anything else to do(instructions are welcome so i can get a chance to try it).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X