Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thecloudbuster
    replied
    If you have the RAW file then there is a good chance that a reasonable image could be generated - a lot depends on how much you are prepared to manipulate in order to create an image and what software you have at your disposal. I'd certainly not baulk at giving it a go if you are able to get a copy of the RAW file to me.

I'm not sure on your RAW file type, but using my NEF's as a guide it may just be in the rescue range. How many MB is it?

If the exposure is correctedd then the bigger snag is the aeroplane behind - there are options here too depending on your view point but it could certainly relocate if required - not a thing I usually do I add.

Always sad to discover pictures of aeroplanes that have been involved in incidents.

Leave a comment:

• CcrlR
    replied
    Originally posted by dvincent
    I dunno, Carl, that one looks mighty soft. I don't think it's saveable unless you have the high res one around somewhere. It would be much better if we had the original out of camera image to work with.
    I tried to save it as a high resolution and upload through this server but the file size was too big for this to handle and I had to take the file size down. I still have the high resolution.

Leave a comment:

• dvincent
    replied
    I dunno, Carl, that one looks mighty soft. I don't think it's saveable unless you have the high res one around somewhere. It would be much better if we had the original out of camera image to work with.

Leave a comment:

• CcrlR
    replied
    Now here is the original I had to clone out a spot for a dirt spot on my sensor(I will clean it off or get the camera cleaned by someone) but that is all I did to this photo. If there is cropping that is needded just let me know how much to crop or anything else to do(instructions are welcome so i can get a chance to try it).

Leave a comment:

• CcrlR
    replied
    Originally posted by dvincent
    Hey Carl,

First of all, props for being a WITCH fan. Second of all, have you tried doing a masking layer for your unsharp mask? It gives you much more control over what to sharpen and how much. You've got some haloing going on (look at the windows and the tail).

What I did with the photo was I had to resize, crop it, and then sharpen it. I will have the original image later on today to show you and for advice on how to fix it. I want to be able to upload it.

Thanks for noticing that I like W.I.T.C.H. I like that show, I wanted it to be my avatar.

Leave a comment:

• dvincent
    replied
    Originally posted by CcrlR
    yeah I am going to delete it tonight.

I am using Photoshop 5.0
    Hey Carl,

First of all, props for being a WITCH fan. Second of all, have you tried doing a masking layer for your unsharp mask? It gives you much more control over what to sharpen and how much. You've got some haloing going on (look at the windows and the tail).

Leave a comment:

• Simpleboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
    Overexposed yes but the main problem is that it's really oversharpened... Jaggies are everywhere.
    Oversharpening is far more likely to be induced by poor editing, which can be fixed, however the level of overexposure seen here cant be, so my point was, if it was that overexposed in the original, it wouldnt be worth trying to fix the oversharpening as there was still another major fault.

Leave a comment:

• CcrlR
    replied
    Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe
    You know that you can erase pictures in the queue right ? that could save some screeners precious time

Cheers
    yeah I am going to delete it tonight.

I am using Photoshop 5.0

Leave a comment:

• magic48
    replied
    As I just saw you're using Photoshop 3.0. Dunno if that could be the problem here...

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by CcrlR

Here is one I want to upload and screwed up the quality on the first upload and just waiting for the first one to be rejected before sending it again.
    You know that you can erase pictures in the queue right ? that could save some screeners precious time

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• RobJ
    replied
    Heat haze / oversharp again...

Leave a comment:

• CcrlR
    replied
    Originally posted by magic48
    What I meant before is that when you resize a pic the cheatlines on the fuselage will sometimes look really jagged, even if you haven't applied any sharpening yet. Try resizing "stepwise" in order to avoid this from happening.

You said you still have the raw file. In that case, I'd start from scratch with that shot.
    I see what you mean by the stripes on the plane and how they are jagged. I had this problem with sharpening and resizing for upload to JP. I usually do the sharpening after resizing the photo.

Here is one I want to upload and screwed up the quality on the first upload and just waiting for the first one to be rejected before sending it again.
    How's about this one? I want to upload it later on.

Leave a comment:

• magic48
    replied
    What I meant before is that when you resize a pic the cheatlines on the fuselage will sometimes look really jagged, even if you haven't applied any sharpening yet. Try resizing "stepwise" in order to avoid this from happening.

You said you still have the raw file. In that case, I'd start from scratch with that shot.

Leave a comment:

• CcrlR
    replied
    Originally posted by Simpleboy
    The shown version is terribly overexposed, is the original any better? Otherwise there wont be much hope.
    It is about the same, Can I just darken it down?

As for the other one about the resizing the picture was off center and the tail part has more space behind it and I resized it. I also had to make the file smaller to allow it to be shown here since it has to be under 500kb

I can also sharpen it less sice it is not that sharp for the original

Leave a comment:

• magic48
    replied
    The huge amount of jaggies could be a result of improper resizing too...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X