Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help again please

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1351699

How do I get rid of jpg compression artefacts in this pic?
    Picture was saved in highest quality(12)....
    Last edited by AdLob; 2007-03-15, 11:29.

Hi there Ad, I think your main problem with your image is that it is over sharpened this can give the appearance of compression sometimes. Just ease off the sharpening slightly and don't sharpen the sky

Jid

Comment

Thanks jid....I shall sure ease off the sharpening ... as I'm not such a good editor I'm not sure I succeed to not sharpen the sky also....

A second question has come up.....how far should I crop this shot....I thought it was best to leave the winglet on but picture got also rejected for part of aircraft cut off....

Comment

Just a tip: even in the highest quality settings, save the file just once, at the end of all editing.

Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks for the tip Gerardo...sometimes I indeed make the mistake to edit/save/close/open and than sometimes change for example levels little bit and than save again
          Last edited by AdLob; 2007-03-15, 16:31.

Comment

As said make sure your totally finished editing before you save. Go through your photo and ask yourself 'can i make this any better before saving it'. You will loose signifcant quality on every save after your original one.

Comment

Originally posted by AdLob
              A second question has come up.....how far should I crop this shot....I thought it was best to leave the winglet on but picture got also rejected for part of aircraft cut off....
              Not any advice on this one yet......

Comment

When your shooting a total side on angle like the shot you've posted, cropping behind the wing usually doesnt make the photo so astheticaly pleasing. I would suggest getting the entire aircraft in the frame, or zooming in more and just getting the cockpit/nose gear and a bit of the body in the shot. Going for a slower shutter speed and getting motion blur would also benifit the overall look of the photo. At present the shot just doesnt really work.

Comment

Working...
                X