Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange government jet... photo good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange government jet... photo good enough?

I was going through my own personal photo database this weekend (it was very snowy so of course the weather is too ugly to go out and take photos) and I noticed a photo I had overlooked before.

This is the only good angle I took of it. I think the photo itself is borderline for being in the DB (but maybe someone will disagree with me).

My question is... how can I find information on these government jets? This looks like a Boeing Business Jet 737 to me (check out the USAF logos under the wings and the little minuteman that's on the winglet). I'd like to know what it does/where it goes/so forth. Is there a website that specializes in government jet info?

DC ANG
    02-0202
    30753/481
    Unit:201st AS
    Previously:N754BC

Scramble is a beautiful site for military regs, they call it a C-40C which I'm sure if just a personal carrier.

According to this site, it's replacing the C-9 carriers.

Comment

Dave:

Thank you for your help. I re-did my search and actually found several shots of it in the DB, so I probably won't upload it. My search-fu needs better work on these military regs!

What is this Scramble you speak of? Is it like a.net/jp.net but for military craft?

EDIT: By the way, next time you're around Westover/BDL/BAF, give me a buzz. I'd love to go do some .mil spotting with someone experienced.

Comment

No problem,

This is the website I use for all my military regs.

I won't be doing much spotting down there except for the air show circuit, need to save my PTO for my Aug sabbatical.

If you have time, check out Barnes on Friday the 30th, a special 4 ship flight will be taking place for Col Mott and 3 others. The 104th Wing Aircraft, Patriots, Red Sox and Springfield Falcons will be used.

I don't know of the time yet, but if I do hear anything I'll PM you about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Gun
          If you have time, check out Barnes on Friday the 30th, a special 4 ship flight will be taking place for Col Mott and 3 others. The 104th Wing Aircraft, Patriots, Red Sox and Springfield Falcons will be used.

I don't know of the time yet, but if I do hear anything I'll PM you about it.
          Sounds interesting. I'm a Westfield State alumnus and I've been by Barnes, but never actively spotted there.

Comment

That's a nice sharp pic, I'd like to see it uploaded.

As far as what these types do..... USAF or US Government aircraft such as this have been the subject of fairly recent controversy here in the UK. It is claimed that they are used in the transportation of political detainees (AKA terrorist suspects) to/from Europe where questioning techniques don't take place on US soil which, if they did, would raise some awkward comments in your Congress.

I believe that Prestwick is one of the favoured refuelling stops. The controversy surrounded that fact that the British Government denied the existence of these stopover flights and their purpose.

Please note my use of the words.. "it is claimed".

I have no wish to spend any time at one of Her Majesty's "Rest Centres !!"
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Better watch out if you upload that pic, the CIA might go after few for posting "confidental information", as you give the whereabouts of that plane on the day you took the pic .

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                That's a nice sharp pic, I'd like to see it uploaded.

As far as what these types do..... USAF or US Government aircraft such as this have been the subject of fairly recent controversy here in the UK. It is claimed that they are used in the transportation of political detainees (AKA terrorist suspects) to/from Europe where questioning techniques don't take place on US soil which, if they did, would raise some awkward comments in your Congress.

I believe that Prestwick is one of the favoured refuelling stops. The controversy surrounded that fact that the British Government denied the existence of these stopover flights and their purpose.

Please note my use of the words.. "it is claimed".

I have no wish to spend any time at one of Her Majesty's "Rest Centres !!"
                Brian: That's interesting. I've noticed, now that I have the proper reg, that almost all of the photographs of this plane are from within Europe.

I wonder who exactly was on that plane...

Better watch out if you upload that pic, the CIA might go after few for posting "confidental information", as you give the whereabouts of that plane on the day you took the pic .
                They'll have to go after all these people too.

Comment

Originally posted by dvincent
                  They'll have to go after all these people too.
                  They already have gone after those and have them replaced with undercover spies - the advantage of the visual anonymity of the net .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                    "You are free to do as we tell you!"
                    Sam Rudge
                    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER

Wow that helps the poster about the type of plane. Typical anti-American crap.

I love the pic, I see those planes several time a week anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFphotos
                        Wow that helps the poster about the type of plane. Typical anti-American crap.

I love the pic, I see those planes several time a week anymore.
                        He was making a joke, don't worry about it.

Comment

Little need for the conspiracy theories or paranoia.
                          A similar low profile BBJ 02-0042 was in SYD recently, it was carrying General Peter Pace, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. While entitled to official transport, as a Marine General it may suit him to travel in an aircraft that does not "shout" Air Force!

Comment

Originally posted by dvincent
                            He was making a joke, don't worry about it.
                            Correct, as evidenced by the "" in the reply .

Comment

Working...
                            X