what to use to level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to use to level?

I used the top of the hanger door, the ramp leans to the right on the left side of the plane. But the right side of the ramp appears to lean to the left towards the plane?

Should I use the ramp to make the building look out of whack or use the building so the ramp doesn't appear level, which we know can sometimes be the case

It looks pretty leveled. The building on the right side is level'd.

And you're right. Funny, the ramp seems to lean to the right side. Manipulating or does it really leans right ?
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

normally ramps lean one way or the other for drainage, you wouldn't want a completely flat ramp or you'll have standing water which would turn into Ice up here

Hopefully a screener will chime in, thanks!

Comment

I'd use the measure tool and draw a line across the bottom of the main gear tyres, I think this would give the right amount of CCW rotation in this case.

Comment

you need to advise us that there is a natural lean in the apron, i know i've never been to that airport so i wouldn't know what its ground is like, be sure to include that in remarks when you upload...it helps us when we screen the shot.

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

This could be one of those "when it LOOKS level, it actually isn't" type of pics. I don't have access to editing software right now but try levelling by running the the level tool along the base of the treeline on the left background.

Also try the level across the main gear contact points and see which "looks" right.

As Longreach says, leave a comment to the screeners to assist them.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

On first glance the image appear to be leaning to the right. Giving the shot 0.7 CCW makes it appear level even though it might well not be in truth. If you use the asphalt line along the horizon to level to you a better looking shot.

Hope this helps .. Jid

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                This could be one of those "when it LOOKS level, it actually isn't" type of pics. I don't have access to editing software right now but try levelling by running the the level tool along the base of the treeline on the left background.

Also try the level across the main gear contact points and see which "looks" right.

As Longreach says, leave a comment to the screeners to assist them.
                thanks, I've thought the buildings would be the main tool to use for leveling.

I'll use the tarmac and resubmit.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                X