Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be saved?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1369092

I can fix the cut off part, not sure how I didn't catch that but the original has more room to play with.

My real questions is the "backlit" rejection?

Here is another shot of his wingman head on which shows the shadow.
    [photoid=5945757]

I thought this would be more head on with the sun? I've had others where the sun was very similar to this position and was told it wasn't backlit.

thanks for your help.

Dave,
    It is plainly in shadow and the wing tip is also cut off which is slightly annoying.

The screeners have a point in my opinion and as you have plenty of really good similar photos on JPNet why worry about this one?

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Comment

Now that's a shame. If the sun had been just 5 degrees closer to you that would have been a real nice pic.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by cja
        Dave,
        It is plainly in shadow and the wing tip is also cut off which is slightly annoying.

The screeners have a point in my opinion and as you have plenty of really good similar photos on JPNet why worry about this one?
        Thanks CJ, like I mentioned in my first post, the wingtip I can fix when I go back to the original.

I'm not worried about this one but I'm trying to find some sort of consistancy.

I don't find these any different than the one I've tried to upload.
        [photoid=5942075]

[photoid=5935446]

[photoid=5908127]

I use my past accepted shots as a reference what to upload, that's why I don't understand how the one above got backlit rejection?

I would consider this backlit, even though the sun is at the planes 6 oclock and wouldn't upload it.

Comment

Dave,

You also need to be aware of the unwritten rules which come under the title of "screeners discretion," these allow them some very necessary lattiude to bend the rules when it is appropriate.

Chris

Comment

As an image the fact it is shade isn't a big deal to me. However the snow has blown highlights which may just be recoverable depending on if the original is a RAW file, sensor etc.

I like the way the hanger provides a dark background to the canopy, but I think the A10 requires an uncluttered backround or for the setting to provide a story, give meaning, add feeling etc.

Comment

Working...
            X