Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPG compression artefacts?

Hey guys,

I recently got a photo rejected with the reason being: "JPG compression artefacts".

I'm not quite sure what this is or how to fix it. Thanks for any help you can give!

-Chasen
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Have you used the search function......it will turn up about 18 threads regarding
    JPG compression artefacts....with some explanation and some advice...
    Last edited by AdLob; 2007-04-01, 17:30.

Comment

Simply save at the best quality you can, quality 12 in photoshop, and make sure you only save it once , if you screw something up go back and start again from scratch , reopening , adjusting and re-saving will cause JPG Compression.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
        if you screw something up go back and start again from scratch , reopening , adjusting and re-saving will cause JPG Compression.
        Ah, well there lies the problem. I recently lost all my pics taken prior to last month due to system restore. This is one of the pictures that I had saved elsewhere, so all I had was the edited version, the raw version is gone. I attempted to play with the levels a bit on this one, but I'll go back and see if I can avoid the compression. Thanks.

Originally posted by AdLob
        Have you used the search function......it will turn up about 18 threads regarding
        JPG compression artefacts....with some explanation and some advice...
        Sorry, I'll keep that in mind.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Actually I don't see anything in the photo that I would recognise as jpeg compression. Oversharpened yes - it's got more jaggies than a hacksaw - but compression?

Comment

Working...
          X