Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurry - where?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1370836

Please point out the Blurry areas - so that I can attack them with selective sharpening.

I see a little noise/grain in the background, but none that detract from the image.

Suppose I'm a little peeved having had 8 straight rejections - although 2 were down to wrong info which is my fault.

Hi McG,

I'm just a humble nobody so don't get mad. The photo is stunning, but - to me, it does look a little blurry all-over and not in just selective places. Not really that it's blurry but more that I think it could be sharper. Hmmm? Are we allowed to use NeatImage?

Take care,
    Brad

Comment

The shot is very soft, maybe the screener thinks it's far to soft to be accepted hence the blurry rejection... Nice shot though!

Comment

Im pretty much sure that it can be saved.

It is soft, but if you start over with the orig, you will get it in the database.

Or Mind if you post an orig file at this thread.

Btw Are you on the ground or onboard a "chase plane" ?
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

On the ground about 100ft higher than the aircraft.

Comment

the nose area is quite blurry.
            Last edited by Longreach747; 2007-04-01, 05:08.

next trips
            USA/DXB August.

Comment

It is generally soft overall. A damn good pic nonetheless which should be salveageable.

Did you use the shadow/highlight function by any chance ? Personally I've stopped using it these days, or at best very sparingly, as it tends to introduce apparent grain. I now adjust shadow and highlights using the curves function. See Jid Webbs workflow available somewhere around on this site.

As far as sharpening is concerned may I humbly suggest making a background layer, sharpen in stages (50, 0.3, 0 of USM) erasing any jaggies as they appear at each stage. It would be a good idea to adjust your contrast before sharpening as this tends to give an apparent sharpening effect.

Hope I'm not teaching granny to suck eggs here ?
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

A little more contrast and some selective USM may help , otherwise I wouldn't bother

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. Apologies for sounding cheesed off in the initial post.

Brian, I don't use the Shadow Highlight tool - I prefer to use curves.

Conditions were not ideal for shooting as it was a little on the hazy side - I'll try a rework adding more contrast and more USM.

Thanks again.

Mark

Comment

The re-worked pic is now in the queue.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1377680

Regards

Mark
                    Last edited by McG; 2007-04-02, 18:50.

Comment

G'day all,

I was not planning on getting help for this blurry reject, but i thought i might as well ask for help.

Please advice me of what i can do about this shot:

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Whopper
                        G'day all,

I was not planning on getting help for this blurry reject, but i thought i might as well ask for help.

Please advice me of what i can do about this shot:

Regards,

Rob

No image matches that id number

Comment

Working...
                        X