X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliability of light poles to determine level

I had the following rejected for horizon unlevel

http://web2.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1376577

I'll agree with the rejection - the whole thing looks like it needs some CCW to me too. I think I know how it happened though. I'm pretty sure that I used that light pole in the middle of the shot to determine my vertical.

Now, if I give it some CCW, the pole will lean left. Any thoughts on this? I don't recall a crooked pole while I was taking the picture.

Interesting, honestly I would put it a way that looks good. The lightpoles in that photo give no real indication of the vertical as they seem to lean in every direction. I would say it should be ok, when the one in the center leans slightly to the left and the one on the right a bit to the right.

Comment

Assuming the ground was level, I would rotate to level the wheelbase of the aircraft in the foreground - that is to say the nosewheel should not be higher than the mainwheels.

Comment

try not to use the light poles, they tend to move in the breeze and can be a real pain to use as a levelling reference...

next trips
        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably try a re-edit using the edge of the ramp as a horizontal and see how that looks - light poles be damned!

Comment

Working...
          X