Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this photo be saved?

Hi!
    I am new here and would appreciate your opinions.
    Can this photo be saved? It was rejected for overexposure.
    http://fly.home.pl/pub/HelikopterySolina.jpg
    Kind regards,
    Wlady

Is that the original? If so Over exposure is harder to cure then under exposure (to a point) because it tends to blow the detail out and once they are blown out they are gone.

Comment

I also think that if you try to upload it to a db it might get rejected for "object too far". Maybe try cropping one helo and focus on it (if you have a high resolution pic).

Comment

No, this is the original: http://fly.home.pl/pub/05.jpg
        I tried to crop to include only one helicopter but it got even worse. So I thing it's unsaveable...
        Wlady

Comment

Well it looks you were a bit too far from the subject and that you lost too many details... the overexposure is also too high for something too be done I'm afraid.
          Regards
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Christobal65
            Is that the original? If so Over exposure is harder to cure then under exposure (to a point) because it tends to blow the detail out and once they are blown out they are gone.
            Actually you'd be amazed at what the curves tool can do.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
              Actually you'd be amazed at what the curves tool can do.
              This is true, but in my experiance its much much easier to fix an underexposed image then an over exposed image.

Comment

Originally posted by Christobal65
                its much much easier to fix an underexposed image then an over exposed image.
                Absolutely right, in most cases a digitally reduced overexposure will get rejected, as details are still washed out.

- Simon
                Simon De Rudder
                JetPhotos Management Team

Comment

Thank you all for your opinions.
                  However, I'll give it a try with curves and drop the problem if it doesn't help.
                  Wlady

Comment

I rather have a shot underexposed then over, if the details are blown, theres really not much you can do.

Comment

Working...
                    X