green Cast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green Cast...

hi guys.. since ive been using the D70S, green cast seems the main reason most of the shots been rejected..well any idea how to solve this issue? a guide maybe?

Using the colour caste removal tool in Photoshop Elements 4 is how I do it. I imagine other processing programmes have a similar feature.

I use a D70 and have a similar problem - seems to be a Nikon thing.

Andy

Comment

Indeed, use colour cast removal or do colour adjustment (remove green/add red and blue) but be careful. Or you can do it by using curves, here is an intersting link: http://www.thegoldenmean.com/technique/curves1.html

It is indeed something for the Nikon D70, I had one before. But my Nikon D80 does not have any color cast problems.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

thank you guys

Comment

Has no one at Nikon thought about a recall or at least looking into fixing the colour cast issue on the D70 or is there a firmwear update to counter-act? I find it rather amusing that they seem to think it ok to produce a DSLR where all the photos come out with a green cast.

Comment

Funny I have never noticed my D70 giving me a Green cast.

Comment

It happens with the D50 too. It's a blueish tint on cloudy days usually. It's a pretty easy fix though, probably nothing Nikon is going to bust their balls to do a recall for.

Comment

Originally posted by Christobal65
                Me either!

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                  It happens with the D50 too. It's a blueish tint on cloudy days usually. It's a pretty easy fix though, probably nothing Nikon is going to bust their balls to do a recall for.
                  Doing no colour corrections on most of my shots taken with the D50. Important is to use the right exposure. When a shot is underexposed the colour may get a bit blueish/greenish indeed, which you will notice at fixing your levels.

Try playing with your white balance as well. When the originals are good exposed, you probably won't need to correct the colour anymore.

Regards, Simon
                  Simon De Rudder
                  JetPhotos Management Team

Comment

JID's Tip of the Day

Hue removal

If you use CS2 try this -
                    Image -> Adjustments -> Match Color
                    Then tick the Neutralize tick box. You can adjust the amount by moving the Fade slider above.

As with all functions, practice and trial & error are the best ways to learn about new and old features.

Jid

Comment

Originally posted by Christobal65
                      I hadn't noticed that green cast either before I started comparing my pics to others. Speaking from my own experience it has nothing to do with exposure and is something that always needs to be fixed in postprocessing.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                        Ive not noticed it on my D50.

Comment

Meh, i prefer my camera to take the image i see, so ill stick with Canon thanks

Comment

And cue the Canon fanboy.....

The 350D has a red cast....same thing, its all about where the default white balance is set.

Only seemed to be around in the D70, not seen at all in my D200

Just remember to shoot and expose correctly...

Comment

Our 350D seems fine (although im not a fan of it it general)
                              I don't usually use the default white balance when shooting anyhow so it wouldn't pose to much of an problem/issue for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X