Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Manipulation/Over Processed

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1464156

Am I correct in assuming that this rejection(besides the grain) is chiefly caused by an "overuse" of Digital Gem that I've been using to try and reduce the grain(with only limited success)? I don't believe I manipulated or removed anything from the photo outside of dust spots, so any more information would be very helpful.

On the grain subject, is it strictly a function of of ASA? I'm shooting at 100 using a Minolta 5 Digital, and a Sigma 50-500 zoom, but still seem to be getting a lot of grain, even at F10 or higher.

Thanks,

Dave Brook
    Cambridge, Ontario

Over Proc - because of noise reduction tool
    Manipulation . because of some paint marks in the sky

On the question about noise. Noise is also a result of underexposure. For a Sigma 50-500, ISO100 and F10 would mst liekely requie a sunny day to give you a workable shutter speed and proper exposure.

Comment

Excellent. I suspect the "paint" is from overdoing the heal tool on dust marks. I should be more specific with smaller correctiosn. Is using a tool like "Digital Gem" to reduce the "noise" acceptable in lower levels or is that taking editting too far?

Thanks

Dave Brook
      Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

I general the use of a noise reducion tool is acceptable. You just need to keep the details in the photo unchanged.
        Last edited by seahawk; 2007-06-13, 15:13.

Comment

Working...
        X