Is this enhancement acceptable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this enhancement acceptable?

The following photo of mine was recently rejected because the horizon was uneven. I found a feature on iPhoto that allowed me to straighten the photo. Can I resubmit it, or is that essentially cropping the photo?

Also, what do you think of my other enhancements?

It's quite soft and noisy too...

Comment

Like I said, there are some other issues. Im probably not going to resubmit it because of this, but I have other photos that could benefit from this enhancement.

Comment

To get a photo ready for upload to any photo website, you will need to do the following steps (in no particular order):
        - rotate
        - crop
        - sharpen
        - adjust contrast and colors

just to start with. This is all allowed. There are however thingy you can do with every photo, which we do not accept here, and that is photo manipulation, as for example: cloning out essential parts of a photo, altering the colours of the sky to make it look like a sunset, etc.

Hope this answers your question.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Oh, cropping is allowed? Thanks for the help.

Comment

If by 'cropping' you mean re-framing the photo in the post processing process then of yes, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
              If by 'cropping' you mean re-framing the photo in the post processing process then of yes, of course.
              So removing a piece of the airplane window you got in the shot is OK, but cropping out half the shot to get a close up of a winglet is not?

Comment

Removing the window from the shot would equate to manipuation of the photo (which im afraid is frowned upon). Making a tighter crop on the original photo on the other hand is purely a differant way of framing the shot. This is acceptable.

Comment

Im still confused. A crop is ok if it is aroundthe original center of the picture, and maintains the same aspect ratio?

Comment

I think we may have our wires crossed or your not understanding me. A crop is when you chose an area of the original photo that you would prefer to keep. It is then resized to fit a virtual box that have drawn within the perimiters of the original photo. This may change the photos visual orientation but is totally acceptable from our point of view.

What I thought you may have meant was removing areas of the photo with a healing tool, or clone stamp. This comes under manipulation and will not be acceptable on this site.

I hope this has made things alittle clearer?

Comment

I think I might have been unclear. When I said removing a window frame, I meant cropping it out, and removing that part of the picture all together. So cropping is allowed,as long as what is left within the photo is not manipulated?

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                        I think I might have been unclear. When I said removing a window frame, I meant cropping it out, and removing that part of the picture all together. So cropping is allowed,as long as what is left within the photo is not manipulated?
                        That's correct. I think Dan thought you meant cloning out the window...

Comment

Alright Im off to work on some photos.

Thanks for clearing that all up everyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X