• Show
Clear All

• Help me once again

Hi there

Had this one rejected for Dark/unexposed. please help how I can rectify it

Thank you
    Frikkie

Hi

I think it will be hard in this case because it looks already grainy right now.
    If you try to brighten it up, the grain will increase..

But have try and play with the curves maybe you get a better result

Cheers
    Björn
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchet

Comment

As Björn mentioned, the photo is already very grainy. I doubt, you will get a decent photo.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
        As Björn mentioned, the photo is already very grainy. I doubt, you will get a decent photo.
        I took this shot very early in the morning at 07:05 am just as the sun came up, What can I do maybe to the original becoz it is very dark also.

Thank you
        Frikkie

Comment

Originally posted by Lions
          I took this shot very early in the morning at 07:05 am just as the sun came up, What can I do maybe to the original becoz it is very dark also.

Thank you
          Frikkie
          At any chance did yo shoot RAW or JPEG?

Comment

Originally posted by Lions

Thank you
            Frikkie
            It is almost impossible to save a wrong exposed picture, simply because there are some information about details missing... (-> that is why the grain appears...)
            If you shot in .raw format there is a chance of correcting the exposure afterwards, but also there you are only able to correct some minor issues. (.jpg it is also silghtly possible with adjusting curves and stuff, but a bit more difficult)
            But in this case I think, even if it was shot as a raw it is a lost case... (you can try to post the original. Than it easier to say if stands a chance or not..)
            Best thing you can do is take the right exposure next time! (But be carefull of not overexposing.. that is even worse than underexposure )

Cheers
            Björn
            "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchet

Comment

Photography is all about light, in all different facets. If you don't have enough light, all you have to do is to use a corresponding exposure. A possibility is of course to use a hgher ISO rate, ISO 200, 400 or so.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                Photography is all about light, in all different facets. If you don't have enough light, all you have to do is to use a corresponding exposure. A possibility is of course to use a hgher ISO rate, ISO 200, 400 or so.

Thank you all for the help I appreciate it

Cheers
                Frikkie

Comment

Working...
                X