Is this worth an upload or....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this worth an upload or....

.....will it be regarded as backlit and / or motive for the pilot in front ? As you can see, the sun was VERY low.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Yes to me it is backlit, looking at the shadows from the pilot. Also you have clipped the very edge of the tail off so its a no go for me.

Comment

I agree w/ Oliver, also I see a lot of jaggies along the door edges and the upper edge of the fuselage...could just be my LCD screen though.

Comment

Yep it is backlit (would have been an awesome photo if you could have gotten to the other site, and have the plane illuminated in a golden light!)

But the main problem I see with this picture is the motiv, as you recognizable show the pilot+he stands right in Front and blocking some of the view! That definately kills the shot for jp.
        It is a shame, I somehow like the picture tho it is backlit. (Sometimes even backlit shots have something very appealing )

And as already mentioned above it is oversharpened, especially the opened doors and the cirrus title!

Hope it helps!
        Cheers
        Björn
        "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchet

Comment

It is a shame, I somehow like the picture tho it is backlit.
          I know what you mean, that's why I asked the question rather than forget it. Unfortunately the security officer who took me around the ramp earlier had left or I would have gone to the other side and got the most stunningly lit shot. The evening light ( Dominican Republic ) was beautiful that day.

Oh well, personal photo album for it.

PS......but I'm going back to the DR in September...and I know where to go now.

PPS. If you go on an organised trip like I did on this day (Saona Island...flight from Puerto Plata to Las Romanos & return, lots of rum and coke, speedboat trip, lots of rum and coke, catamaran for 1 1/2 hrs with LOTS of rum and coke !!!! ) its always worth asking your travel guide to approach airfield security staff on your behalf to get ramp access. It worked for me and the bonus was that the female security agent was a 10 out of 10 to look at !
          I fell instantly in lust...I mean...love !! I almost forgot to take pics.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
            PPS. If you go on an organised trip like I did on this day (Saona Island...flight from Puerto Plata to Las Romanos & return, lots of rum and coke, speedboat trip, lots of rum and coke, catamaran for 1 1/2 hrs with LOTS of rum and coke !!!! ) its always worth asking your travel guide to approach airfield security staff on your behalf to get ramp access. It worked for me and the bonus was that the female security agent was a 10 out of 10 to look at !
            I fell instantly in lust...I mean...love !! I almost forgot to take pics.

So where are the pics of her?

Comment

So where are the pics of her?
              Aaah, now THOSE are DEFINITELY personal album.

Comment

It is a very nice photo. I also see jaggies around the pilots feet.

Comment

It is a very nice photo. I also see jaggies around the pilots feet.
                  Ollie ! I do believe you're getting your own back for a previous smartass comment on my part in another thread !

Comment

Working...
                  X