No announcement yet.

Anything i should pull from the queue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything i should pull from the queue?

I feel like i might have botched some of the processing that and some of them were kinda hard to level

in the first us airways pic the A/C needs to be centered.

-Chris

Comment

The AF T7 to me looks a little awkward because half the tail is cut off.

Comment

I like them all Chris. Just a word about the dusk 757, 'Song' does not exist any more, it should be 'Delta Air Lines'

The Air France shot in question is similar to this which I think works a treat:
        [photoid=6042492]

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
          I like them all Chris. Just a word about the dusk 757, 'Song' does not exist any more, it should be 'Delta Air Lines'

[photoid=6042492]
          Cool I was worrid about over sharpening the asiana and the level of the Eva

for the Dusk 757 its still painted as a song Aircraft though... I can change it in the queue though

Comment

What a nice bunch of shots!

I really love the Eva Air shot! The leveling is definately OK. If you want to be extra picky the titles are a very little tad oversharpened. But that will be no problem at all!

Personally I don`t like the perspective of the airfrance shot but it should be OK. There is a lot of heat haze so be careful of it, and it is oversharpened in some parts. But it still might be ok!

British Airways: simply nice!

Asiana: Is oversharpened as you already mentioned. Don`t know if it is enough for a rejection. Have a look at the leading edge of the wing and the horizontal stab. they are both completely jagged. Also some other parts like the bottom of the tail.. But it still might be ok. Anyway if you do a reedit, I would brighten it up a little more and give it a little less contrast. (Have a look at the histogram and you can see it..) looks better than!

USAirways: it is ok as it is!

AA MD80: also very slightly oversharpened but OK as it is

Song: ok as it is!

AA 757: also slightly oversharpened but no problem

AA 777: OK! some jaggies at the stripes on the fuselage, but thats a problem you will always have with the AA livery and definately no problem!

US Airways: OK

Don`t get me wrong here! They are all very nice shots and should be no problem of getting accepted (Asiana and AirFrance have some minor flaws..) and what I mentioned is to be very picky when you want to have some perfect photos

Cheers
            Björn
            "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchet

Comment

Originally posted by Christobal65
              for the Dusk 757 its still painted as a song Aircraft though... I can change it in the queue though
              Song was closed down at the end of April 2006 so all shots from then on should appear as Delta Air Lines.
              I finally spent the hours required fixing the database, here are the Song listings organised from the most recent date:

Song Update!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ

[photoid=6042492]
                Apparently the screener who got mine dissagreed with you.... 3 got bounced including air france and the 757 dusk as well as the US Air i kept the stabilizer in. Of course i cant complain too much as my Acceptance rate is nearly 20 points better then average lol

Reasons being:

Air France:Heat Distortion, Horizon unlevel I know i can fix the horizon, but when i started processing the Air France shot i feared that heat distortion could be a problem. Its too bad because i loved that shot for its unique angle, the lighting, and the jetwash to the right of the picture

Delta/Song:Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered), Dark / Underexposed. First one i understand as its a little high in the frame but the 'underexposed'? Im not sure what i underexposed but its supposed to be a dusk shot

US Air:Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered), Dark / Underexposed. Again i can see where the first is coming from but not sure on the under exposed again as i adjusted the levels and if i go any further i really risk blowing out the whites.

PS. Who do i have to pay off to get a screeners choice I was really crossing my fingers to get one on that BA departure lol.
                Last edited by Christobal65; 2007-08-22, 16:23.

Comment

I'm sorry about the rejections mate.

Comment

So am i but such is life. The experience of getting out on the ramp at LAX far out weighs any sadness of rejection here

Comment

Working...
                    X