Photo Editing Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Editing Software

hi all, i currently have an iMac G5 running Panther and am looking for a cheap(preferably under $150) photo editing software. i was looking at a few but nothing really stood out. anything in particular i should check out. one more question what exactly is Gimp?

-Chris

Photoshop is the real deal, simple as that.

The basic version of PS is called elements:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/ Prices are stated on the page..

Comment

PS Elements 5.0 is the latest version out there. I use it and it's fine for photo editing and such. Unless you want all the bells and whistles it's going to cost you more than your budget.

I believe I picked mine up at BJ's whole sale for like $99

Comment

Photoshop is the way to go, you can also download Photoshop CS2 off the internet if you know where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenden S
          Photoshop is the way to go, you can also download Photoshop CS2 off the internet if you know where to look.
          isn't that illegal?

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
            Originally posted by Brenden S

isn't that illegal?

Yep! It is!
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

For nickle kids out there (raises hand), there's always Gimp or ACDSee

Comment

Or if you are a Nikon user or shooting jpeg (it wont read canon raw files) there is Capture NX.

Comment

The adobe website has trial versions of its Photoshop products that you can download and see if they are right for you before you hand over your hard earned. Well worth a look.

Comment

Working...
                  X