Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection help

Hi all,
    This was originally rejected for being soft so I sharpened it up and now it's been rejected for blurry and jpeg artefacts. Any comments/advice appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rob

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1565449

They're either .jpg artefacts, sharpening jaggies or a mixture of both. Either way, I rather think that the original might just be that shade too blurry to be salvageable.

Did you start from the original when you sharpened it or did you sharpen the already processed image that was rejected ?

If you did the latter then that might explain the artefacts and you might stand a chance if you start from new again.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

G'day Rob,

Having a look at your pic, there seems to be some sort of strange block pattern through the pic which seems to have been caused by the compression. It's not the usual sort of compression artifacting we see, maybe it was caused by the excessive sharpening.

The first place I look for for oversharpening is along flap edges and leading edges of wings. There is definitely jaggies there. The blurry reject more than likely cam from the fact that the pic was blurry at the start, and when too much sharpening is wound in to get rid of it, you get really noticable jaggies.

As Brian asked, did you work from you original? or just sharpen the the oringinal edit?

Comment

I sharpened the edit. The original is not blurred so I'll start it again from scratch. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Pleased to be able to help.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
          X