X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z740
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343
    Chris, you're not on top of that list. To make it to the top of the list, you need to post weird comments about ... certain ... screeners.
    well there was that one time.... i was mad that one of my photos got rejected(it was a horrible photo looking back)and i could have sworn that Soren was gonna hunt me down and who knows what. he was MAD because i kept emailing him about the certain photo. i have a feeling that he still has a certain place for me head in his trophy room.

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Chris, you're not on top of that list. To make it to the top of the list, you need to post weird comments about ... certain ... screeners. Of course, there are ways to get out if that list ..... beer anyone?

Leave a comment:

• z740
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343
    Oh, and it also helps to search the "personal black list", which consists of pesky uploaders ....
    i'm probably somewhere near the top on that list. and Brian the third one is definately the best one. definatley worthy of the Q.

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Nope, it just helps to screen better and to judge horizon ....

Oh, and it also helps to search the "personal black list", which consists of pesky uploaders ....

Leave a comment:

• Thebuzu
    replied
    Originally posted by brianw999
    Back to the picture. Andy, you can see from this pic that the fence posts aren't very reliable...in fact I think the fence builder must have had a few beers that day ! Maybe he had Gerardo helping ?
    Isn't beer supposed to help you build fences and screen better ???

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Back to the picture. Andy, you can see from this pic that the fence posts aren't very reliable...in fact I think the fence builder must have had a few beers that day ! Maybe he had Gerardo helping ?
    I doubt, but you will for sure have a friendly helping hand rejecting ... errrr .... screening your shot. Now where is that "pre-screen a photo" link again?

Leave a comment:

• Mark Ralph
    replied
    I think in this instance, it's a case of ditch the rule book and go with what looks right, and it does. Queue it up !

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    No.3 works for me Brian
    Yes, think you're right. All the rules say it shouldn't work but I'll go with that.

Thanks for the help folks.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Ralph
    replied
    No.3 works for me Brian

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    OK then, third try. This time levelling across the upper surface of the wings...all the rules of parallax say that this shouldn't work but.....??

Yes Rob, this was last Sunday. Lovely day that, and so nice to be allowed to wander around unchallenged by some jobsworth wannabee ! I enjoyed being there so much that I offered my services for ground marshalling on later dates on the grounds that I might as well put something useful back into aviation.

Last edited by brianw999; 2007-09-11, 09:52.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Very tough shots to screen ....

The first shot looks far better, than the first that's for sure. Just a wild guess: what happens if you rotate the photo a bit to have the wings level? I know it's a wrong technique, but something makes me think, the photo is unlevel, including the trees in upp right corner just above the wings.

Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• exmanx
    replied
    The first one is far more pleasing to the eye, whereas the second one looks to be leaning to the left. I'd use the vertical fence posts as a guide in this case.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• RobinB
    replied
    Hi Brian - Assume you took these last Saturday/Sunday ? I was also there (Sunday afternoon) and you are correct, Popham does not have a piece of real estate that is "flat". I await the screeners comments on the pics I submitted. I usually try and lign up vertical objects such as fence posts (in your pics).

Yeah - it can be a difficult one - have fun

RB

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    started a topic Unlevel horizon help please...

Unlevel horizon help please...

Had this one rejected for unlevel horizon. Taken at Popham UK...and if you've ever been there you'll know that the airfield doesn't have a straight line or level bit of ground anywhere !!
    Back to the subject. Where the aircraft is parked the ground slopes heavily from left to right. The first picture is the rejected one, the second is a corrected version with 4.1 degrees !!! of CCW rotation.

Your opinions ?

Working...
X