Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over processed / Bad postprocessing

Hello,

I've been trying for a while now to get this picture added. Can somebody help me out with this one?

It's also rejected for dust spots, but I just equalized it, but I can't see it... I'm getting blind!

Thanks for the help!

Dust spots are....here....

Can't really comment on the processing.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Missed one in front of the Varig logo on the tail Brian...and above the center of the body of the plane...and one to the right slightly of the first one you have circled

The white area of the plane (ie the entire side facing) looks very 'flat and bright'. This can be caused by over processing. possibly to much brightness/contrast combo or similar. Try a few different ways of finishing the processing and choose the best version of your image. Alternatively, post the original image (out of the camera) here and im sure we'd be able to help you out with a workflow.

Comment

Missed one in front of the Varig logo on the tail Brian...and above the center of the body of the plane...and one to the right slightly of the first one you have circled

3 missed out of a total of 7 then !!

Sounds like my acceptance ratio at the moment.

In my defence, it was late and I was a tad under the "affluence of incohol" !
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
          In my defence, it was late and I was a tad under the "affluence of incohol" !
          it shows! for bad processing you shouldn't have to move the sliders more than 10% to make it acceptable. if you have to move it any more than that then it isn't worth it. atleast in the opinion of someone who hasn't a single photo in the DB, but i'm learning.

-Chris

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for the help. Here is the link for the unedited picture. I only cropped the pic so I was able to upload it to Photobucket.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by avhomma
              Hi!

Thanks for the help. Here is the link for the unedited picture. I only cropped the pic so I was able to upload it to Photobucket.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ARIGunedit.jpg

Cheers!
              Hi there

I had a "go" with your photo (editing) and this is the result, will this be any good?

Cheers Frikkie

Comment

Frikkie,
                Looks ok to me on the small size, cant really be 100% sure at 1024x though.
                Possibly a couple of percent more on the contrast but be carefull not to blow the white areas out.

Comment

Hi,

I've tried to upload this shot but it was rejected for over processed/bad postprocessing reason, contrast and for being soft. Contrast and sharpness is OK, I understand these problems, but I don't really understand overprocessing/bad postprocessing. How can I avoid this kind of rejection and edit my picture well? The shot was taken in rather bad weather with rain and light clouds in the background. I have only adjusted brightness and contrast plus cropped the picture in PS.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.jetphotos.net//viewreject_b.php?id=1658046

Comment

Not trying to hijack the thread, but have a similar question.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1678742

I didn't touch the saturation or hue during processing, but wonder if that's a backlit effect( the sun is almost dead off the tail)

The rest was dust and sharpen, with a touch of shadow reduction in the curves.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Brook
                    Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

It may have something to do with the shadow reduction Dave. When you equalise the shot you notice that the area directly infront of the leading edge flap of the right wing actually glows. This is a tell tale sign of over processing.

Comment

Thanks for that Dan; it's the first expalnation for bad processing that I've understood. the overhaul is in the queue so we shall see if I've learned.

Cheers

Dave Brook
                        Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

No problem Dave, glad I could be of assistance.

Comment

Eureka!!! thanks again Dan
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6115237&nseq=1

Dave Brook
                            Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

[photoid=xxxxxxxx] works better.

[photoid=6115237]

Congrats mate! Hope to see more of your fine handiwork soon!!

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X