Another Overprocessed/Bad Processing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Overprocessed/Bad Processing thread

The picture below was rejected on 2 counts, 1 being missed category, the other being the reason above, please can someone provide pointers regarding this as the only PP that took place on the pic was levels and sharpening, although I must admit then wehn I equalized the pic to check for dust spots on loading I saw that the tree line when equalized had what looked like a white fringe around it almost as though I had selected the area, my question is this, with some work this could be removed but surely this would be digital manipulation? I really am at a loss with this as I have no control over light and how it appears and in all honesty I already think we need to be Photoshop experts to get pictures accepted, rather than a picture being accepted on merit, more and more they are becoming works of Photoshop not art.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1590370

Tony

Tony,

It looks like some sort of noise filtering has been used. This really takes a lot of the detail out of the grass, and the tree line behind. If you don't apply noise filter as part of your processing, could one be automatically applied somewhere?

We're not expecting pics to be Photoshopped to death, just simple editing.

It just appears that a noise filter has been applied and removed some of the finer detail.

Hope this helps

Steve Brown

Comment

Thanks for the info, I have reworked my pic going through each step manually and the grass does look more detailed, I have written a series of actions to assist in my PP, so now I will need to disect them and see which 1 is removing the detail.

Reworked Pic

Tony

Comment

The picture below was initially rejected for off centre I appealed it, but the decision was upheld, so remains rejected, on checking, the picture is off centre, the aircraft is 13 pixels to the right to many. A friend of mine that shall remain nameless only this last week commented that the screening process recently had become so picky to the extent that he will no longer be uploading images, I for my part said that I thought it had been ok, however only having been a member and submitting pics for last 12 weeks, couldn't really comment on how it has been previously (he has been a member for 18 months). I do have to admit to being suprised that a picture 13 pixels off centre is rejected.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1590327

Tony

Comment

the A/C is obviously not centered if you move it to the left it will get accepted. the screening process (imo) has not changed one bit. i have been trying for 3 years to get a photo accepted and finally have. it just takes practice to get a good pic and then you have to edit it so that it will get accepted. no need to get cranky.

-Chris

Comment

Cranky - I don't think so, I know I can move it to the left, with respect had you read my post you would note that I said I was not able to comment on how the screening process has been previously and that I thought it had been alright, however as previously stated I was suprised at the pic being rejected for 13 pixels this doesn't mean I am cranky

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Orinoco
              Cranky - I don't think so, I know I can move it to the left, with respect had you read my post you would note that I said I was not able to comment on how the screening process has been previously and that I thought it had been alright, however as previously stated I was suprised at the pic being rejected for 13 pixels this doesn't mean I am cranky
              i had read your post and i think that the main fuselage is what they mean by A/C not centered.

now that is what they want to see.

-Chris

Comment

Correct Chris, it was the left to right position of the aircraft.

Comment

For my part, I don't judge centering based on the position of the fuselage, but the position of the entire aircraft as it sits in the frame, which in this case, is a tad to the right. I must admit that I don't entirely know why I'm giving you this advice, as if you had read the appeal e-mail you'd see the admin who screened your appeal left you the same comments I'm giving you now. It is an easy fix though, and once you get that taken care of and maybe sharpen it a tad it shouldn't have any problems passing the screeners.

Comment

Working...
                  X