Rejection - confused ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection - confused ??

Hi Guys, received the following rejection due to incorrect genre selected - I selected Military and screeners said it sould be civilian (see below)

Your appeal for photo id 1594047 has been processed and has been rejected.
    Admin Comments >> It is privately owned so it is \'Civilian\'.
    >> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1594047

Now the photo upload screen specifically says

Genre:Select the genre of the aircraft pictured. Civilian: Military: You MUST select a genre!

the salient phrase "genre of the AIRCRAFT pictured" as opposed to who owns it. Also questioned the horizon level failure as well - I thought the pic is "pretty level ? Comments welcome
    RobB

G'day Rob,

All ex-mil aircraft that are privately owned have should always be selected as Civilian. Best way to tell, go by the registration. It's its a public reg then civilian, if it's a mil reg then Military is the genre.

Check out this thread...

for full clarification.

Hope this helps
    Steve Brown

Comment

Well, I suppose it's open to a matter of interpretation. But, considering this is a C-47, which is a military designator, that would make it just that - military. BUT, it has a FAA registration - therefor, it's a civilian aircraft. That's my take on it at least. Anyway, I'd level your shot and resubmit it but in the comments field explain why it was rejected originally in relation of the category.

It would appear I wasn't the only person scratching their head tonight.

Nice shot,
      Chris

Comment

That is the problem with all warbirds. It is military type, was in military service, but is now civil owned.

Considering that warbirds who had a combat role (Fighters, bombers, etc.) are demlitarized before being handed to civilian collectors (removal of weapons delivery systems, weapons disabled, etc.) and considering the civilian reg, civil is the correct genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Billsville
          Check out this thread...

for full clarification.

Hope this helps
          Steve Brown
          Hi Steve - very interesting thread - so I am not the only person "confused" by the selection criteria - civil vs military. Also seems thant some of the screeners are also not aufait with the criteria as I submitted other pics from the same shoot as military but civil owned, and these were accepted - anyway, got the interpritation of this field now, so will resubmit accordingly. many thanks to all who have responded and enlightened - it was a fun day at Duxford
          RobB

Comment

Rob,

When it comes to the data and the Db, what AJ says is gospel.

Cheers

Comment

Rob,

When it comes to the data and the Db, what AJ says is gospel.

Cheers
              Affirmative! We pray it whenever possible!

Gerardo
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I seem to recall that the ruling used to be that a civilian reg=civilian genre and a military reg=military genre.

Not sure if that is still the case.

Matt
                http://matthew-taylor.fotopic.net/ for my personal gallery.

Comment

That's still correct, Matt!

Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

G'day Rob,

All ex-mil aircraft that are privately owned have should always be selected as Civilian. Best way to tell, go by the registration. It's its a public reg then civilian, if it's a mil reg then Military is the genre.

Hope this helps
                    Steve Brown
                    This is not strictly true Steve i ticked military on this shot but it has civilian reg?

Alan

Comment

Yes, because it is a French Air Force plane, although it carries a civil reg. (Some French military planes do this)

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                        Yes, because it is a French Air Force plane, although it carries a civil reg. (Some French military planes do this)
                        Yes, that may be the case - but it theompromises the understanding re what constitutes "Civil" vs "Military" - in my own opinion, I would follow the "rule' as it is stated on the upload screed - it specifically states that we select the genre accoring to the Aircraft pictured, nothing mentioned about registration and/or owner. Reason for saying this is that the french (bless their hearts) fly in the face of "logic" insofar as they have MILITARY kit with CIVIL registration - no wonder Argentina gave them a smack in 2007 RWC (Alain !)

RB
                        RobB

Comment

So according to your logic, this Frechn Air Force A310 would be civil, while a privately owned Soopwith Camel would be military ?

Comment

Please, PLEASE, just use our guidelines as posted on these forums and we'll all get along.

Comment

AJ

I was just making a point that the reg isn't always a giveaway to the genre of an aircraft

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X