Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, I understand the missing categories, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I understand the missing categories, but...

Ok, I'm going to try really hard to say with without coming across as frustrated (be it as it may),

I can understand missing categories. I probably missed one or so, no big deal.
    But foreground clutter!? The wingwalker is essential to the character of the photo!
    [photoid=5726624]
    [photoid=5753623]
    [photoid=5864889]
    Usually, I hate when people drag others' photos into things, but I honestly can't see the differentiating factor between these and mine. The first two, ok, the plane is still much bigger than the 'clutter'. But the last one?
    I mean, come on!

Hey Stecker. I see your point with the other photos. Have you appealed the shot ? If not, Try it.

Edit: Do you have a shot where the Wingwalker is not obstructing the engine from the same batch ??
    Last edited by MaxPower; 2007-10-02, 22:46.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

In your photo, the wingwalker is far bigger, than on the photos you provided in your post. He is also far more distracting , as he's covering the engine. Just my opinion, of course.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thank you for the insight, Gerardo.
        Originally posted by MaxPower
        Edit: Do you have a shot where the Wingwalker is not obstructing the engine from the same batch ??
        I do, but it's so much more bland (imo) without him.

Comment

Have you appealed the shot Mitchell??

From my point of view if your showing a person involved with the operation of the aircraft then this would not constitute an obs/clut reject. However I do agree with Gerardo that this bloke in your pic is obstructing a lot more of the plane than the people in the other pics you noted as examples. This would be borderline for me as well as he is obstructing the engine of the Aircraft.

Hope this helps
          Steve Brown

Comment

i'd have to agree with admin on this one. you have a 50/50 chance of getting an appeal accepted because the wingwalker is much more distracting than the other ones. he cuts off part of the engine/wing and is just in the way. with the T7 he is only a dust spot on the lense compared to the one in your pic. but i would still and try to appeal. best of luck!

-Chris

Comment

IMHO I feel that the wing walker is too strong of a magnet that will draw your atention away from the true subject the King Air.

I shot a C-130 today at KAVL and was super stocked when i chimped the image and saw a contrail spiral from the props. what i did not count on was the damm orange cone in the foreground messing up the shot

Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
              http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

I'm not much for doing it, but I'd say its all worth it. Go ahead and clone that cone-SOB off the frame.
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  I'm not much for doing it, but I'd say its all worth it. Go ahead and clone that cone-SOB off the frame.
                  Lol, I thought the same thing!

Comment

too late, now we know about it now ....

I don't think the cone would be too much of a problem, it's not obstructing the aircraft..

Comment

I shot a C-130 today at KAVL and was super stocked when i chimped the image and saw a contrail spiral from the props. what i did not count on was the damm orange cone in the foreground messing up the shot
                      That cone wouldn't be any problem for acceptance. The only thing I see is that the shot is sligtly blurry, otherwise it's a cracker of a shot.
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks for the comments on the C-130 but i will not upload that one to the DataBase as every time i see it my eyes are drawn right towards the cone. I have others just need to find time to process them right now. Between my day job, working on an update to Jet-fighters.Net, time is a very scarce commodity for myself currently.

Good thing i dont have girlfriend at the moment. I would have even less time
                        Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                        http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Working...
                        X