Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie needs your help!!!

thank you for your opinion:
    What do you think about this? That's one of the first aircraft's pictures taken with my Canon Eos 350.
    Can you suggest how i can improve it?
    The plane is an Air China landing to FCO in late afternoon last september
    Regards
    Gandalf
    Last edited by Gandalf; 2007-10-07, 22:05. Reason: picture missing

Originally posted by Gandalf
    thank you for your opinion:
    What do you think about this? That's one of the first aircraft's pictures taken with my Canon Eos 350.
    Can you suggest how i can improve it?
    The plane is an Air China landing to FCO in late afternoon last september
    Regards
    Gandalf
    Can you show an example, gandalf?

Upload Images Upload GIF and JPG images for inclusion in your posts, or signature, without using the 'Attachment' option.

Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

uploading difficulties?

ehm...
      In effect I can't see the link to the picture, but the system says the pictures is uploaded yet
      ??
      Please excuse me, i will try again later
      Gandalf

Comment

It does help if we can have an example.

-Chris

Comment

I can see it. The image looks dark and the razor wire on top of the fence is distracting. It is also soft towards the nose of the A/C
          Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
          http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Clutter, dark, noisy and soft (fuselage) in my opinion.

Comment

You are off to a good start. Fences and foreground objects can pretty much ruin your photos. If I could give you some advice, being a beginner myself. I would have to advise on trying to capture a side view of an aircraft. It may seem boring but its a good place to start. Get to know your camera and lenses. For example, I use a cheap Canon 75-300mm lens and I've got familiar with its limitations....It is soft on the edges, it's nice and sharp at F8 but it has trouble focusing at aircraft flying towards me......experiment and take lots of photos. Work on getting a good shutter finger, and anticipate your zoom and framing.....eg. if you frame a 737 at 70mm obviously you will not be able to fit a 747 in at 70mm from the same location. Practice practice practice! you'll be surprised how much you will learn in a short period of time. If you are uploading to the Database don't get frustrated with rejections, usually a rejection will help you in the long run. It will help you figure out what you need to work on and what you need to improve. Last but not least a great photo doesn't always make a great photo for jp.net

Good luck

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Roert van Dyk
                You are off to a good start. Fences and foreground objects can pretty much ruin your photos. If I could give you some advice, being a beginner myself. I would have to advise on trying to capture a side view of an aircraft. It may seem boring but its a good place to start. Get to know your camera and lenses. For example, I use a cheap Canon 75-300mm lens and I've got familiar with its limitations....It is soft on the edges, it's nice and sharp at F8 but it has trouble focusing at aircraft flying towards me......experiment and take lots of photos. Work on getting a good shutter finger, and anticipate your zoom and framing.....eg. if you frame a 737 at 70mm obviously you will not be able to fit a 747 in at 70mm from the same location. Practice practice practice! you'll be surprised how much you will learn in a short period of time. If you are uploading to the Database don't get frustrated with rejections, usually a rejection will help you in the long run. It will help you figure out what you need to work on and what you need to improve. Last but not least a great photo doesn't always make a great photo for jp.net
                How true! It took me 3 years to get a JP accepted photo. So keep practicing. An even better place to start is at museuums beacuse the A/C don't move. Hope to see some of your pics in the DB soon!

-Chris

Comment

many thanks to all friends...

...who wanted to help me!

"Obviously" I wished in a better result, but it doesn't matter. Now I see how much I've to trudgind down the hard world of A/C picturing. But don't worry I will follow your suggestions and I will practice, practice practice.
                  Unfortunately I live far from the major airports in Italy, ...perhaps i can begin with the fleet of Cessna buzzing over my city (LIDT)
                  Ok: I'll send you my next attempts!

Comment

Working...
                  X