Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again the problem of: Too much or too little contrast

This photo is rejected bedcause of: Too much or too little contrast

When I look at the histogram, they look fine to me.

This reason of rejection depends of which screener the photos is screening, so it seems.

What is your opinion?

The photo:

Last edited by Paul Stam; 2007-10-12, 18:21.

It needs a little more contrast.. It simply looks flat.

I had a little look at the photo in PS and, you first you can adjust the darks a little bit, but normally much more important to get the contrast right is to adjust the curves.

To get the contrast right I normally wouldn`t look at the histogram, that is something you should view with the entire picture..

Hope this helps!

Björn
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchet

Comment

You simply need to take more time post processing Paul,
      A lot of your stuff is extremely soft , or extremely contrasty. Best way around this is to calibrate your monitor properly and use Jid's workflow for info on using the curves side of things.

Comment

What screen do you use Paul ? I agree with Will, if you see this pic well contrasted you really need to check your screen.

Regards
        Alex

Comment

As i said in your appeal 'add more contrast'. Not sure why you needed to post a thread about it, but whatever lol.

Comment

Thank you guys for your advices.

Paul Stam

Comment

Working...
            X